lahad1

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Entegra
RV Model
29V
RV Length
Hello RV experts. We are new to RV'ing and recently purchased a 2021 Entegra Esteem. We have a 1000W inverter that we have only used few times. It won't run my 700W coffee maker. Nothing else seems to be drawing from the inverter while I'm trying to brew coffee. We have it in the shop for this a few other issues. We haven't picked it up, but the service writer just left a message for my husband that it is ready to be picked up. The message states that they checked the inverter and it is operating as it should. Does this sound correct to you guys?
Thanks so much
L

Joe, thanks for the link. Interesting reading. My husband put the coffee maker on a killawatt meter and it never went over 700W. But I get the "surge" portion of the appliance. Looks like its the French Press for me when we aren't connected to shore power.
Thanks again!
L

In many cases, the DC power cable and the battery just can't deliver the amps required. The unit will draw about 60 amps from a battery at 13.2 volts. That's 792 watts and for 90% efficiency that's 712 watts for the coffee maker. At 12.1 volts, that's 50% battery charge, the current will be about 65 amps. That's 786 watts for 90% efficiency and 707 watts for the coffee maker. Most inverters will fault and shut down below 12 volts at the inverter to protect the battery. This is a low voltage shut down.

I'd say the cables from the battery to the inverter are either too long or too small a gauge wire. Thus too much resistance.

My inverter DC cables are each about 3 ft long and are made of #2 copper welding cable. They connect directly to the battery terminals and directly to the inverter terminals. No switches, no fuses, no terminal blocks in the DC path.

Joe, thanks for the link. Interesting reading. My husband put the coffee maker on a killawatt meter and it never went over 700W. But I get the "surge" portion of the appliance. Looks like its the French Press for me when we aren't connected to shore power.
Thanks again!
L
French press is the only way to go anyway! LOL LOVE french press coffee!!!!

Latest resources

Back