RV Length
34'
Chassis
Chevy P32
Engine
454 carb'd
TOW/TOAD
1996 Geo Tracker
I am planning to replace everything up front from tires, new upper and lower control arms with new ball joints, steering linkages, new super steer springs and anything else that is wearable. The problem I'm having is finding the lower control arms with the correct ball joints, I bought the right side to compare but like is said if it doesn't specify all wheel disc brakes the normal run of the mill P30 lower control arm will have the smaller taper ball joint stud. Moogs K6511 is the correct ball joint but of all things it has a smaller body with a larger taper stud, really weird. there are places out there that sell a bare control for 425 dollars which is horific specially because they are used and boast of beefing them up and I saw what they do and it's petty. I think super steer wants 225 for the lower pivot shaft which is not realistic especially when you can get that on the lower control arm for the rear drum brake motorhome for a little over 100 dollars and they are every bit as solid as my original. If no one (parts stores) pulls through for me I'll take these non rear disc brake one to my go to machine shop and have him weld in a reducer bush to press the correct ball joints in. If anyone has a part number that I have missed please let me know

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back