Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

vandeusen

RVF Regular
Can someone help me with this problem my brake lights are staying on whether the coach is on or off or I'm hitting the brakes or not the fuse is good which I have now taken out to turn off the brake lights while I'm parked at the RV Park I'm trying to figure out what I can check to see where my problem can be I'm not very mechanical but I'm not an idiot either can someone give me some suggestions what to look for to help resolve the problem? I did slam on the brake pedal several times to see if that would do anything but it didn't any help would do

Check for a plunge type switch actualted by your brake pedal. More modern coaches wouldnt have one, but for your vintage its a possibility and a stuck one will keep the brake lights on, key on or off.

If its not there, then look for the air line under the floor and follow it until you see a pressure switch with two wires attached somewhere early in the system. This might help: https://www.bendixvrc.com/itemDisplay.asp?documentID=4937

Pic is a typical system (see item D):
C45AA8BA-640A-40BF-A391-53CE25E99FCA.jpeg

Yes I do have a plunger underneath the pedal I did feel it to see if it was soft or still firm and it seems to still be in The Firm shape with no tears or anything in it I also moved the carpet from around it and the brake pedal to see if the carpet was somehow causing it I would check the line in the morning when it's not raining and follow your schematics will keep you updated guys thank you

When you say under the floor are you referring to exterior correct? So climb underneath the motorhome and follow the line?

When you say under the floor are you referring to exterior correct? So climb underneath the motorhome and follow the line?
Yes, find the air line running from the pedal assembly and follow that. Probably wont be far from it.

I couldn't figure it out and it was time to go so I told the wife just follow me in the van and I'll talk to you on the phone and that you know when I hit my brakes so you can break and people know that the van is breaking 5 minutes later it worked itself out it's been working ever so I told the wife just follow me in the van and I'll talk to you on the phone and that you know when I hit my brakes so you can break and people know that the van is breaking 5 minutes later it worked itself out it's been working ever since

Well I guess it just fell back into the “if it works don't fix it” category, but definitely something to keep an eye on.

Latest resources

Back