Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

98mirada

RVF Newbee
in other forms, it has been mentioned that there is some controversy on which belts are to be used. If anyone has any information, please reply the AC power steering belt is approximately 60 inches long and the alternator belt is approximately 49 inches long. We've had different replies and different part numbers, and that there is a mixup in the indexing of those part numbers ...one of our parts stores tried to help us the best they could get the right length and number belt, but we are not quite sure if they are correct. We will find out this morning when we try to install them.

I checked the auto parts stores online and found some list f53 specific parts. Often people in the stores have no idea what and f53 chassis is and can't find it in their computer.

I was lucky enough that the numbers on my old belts were still readable and I went by those. I noticed what I bought and used didn't match a lot of listings so if I had gone strictly by what was "supposed to fit" I would have wasted a fair amount of time and money.
Last resort on belt fitment is to take the old one in to the parts store. They should have a jig on the wall somewhere in back (provided for free by various belt companies) that measures the belt and allows them to match it pretty closely. This isn't 100% and I've had to make two tries before with that method.

Latest resources

Back