Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kiotiken

RVF Regular
Hello I'm back trying to figure out all the options on my Newmar.
Is the air valve for air bags? Also is that the fresh water tank? This is on the passenger side. On the drivers side there is also a water tank. Wondering why two of them? Thanks again for helping a new guy get going. Ken

Attachments

• 16230800249616237193887229678354.jpg
    16230800249616237193887229678354.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 16230800690246979571408282752245.jpg
    16230800690246979571408282752245.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
The first picture is a drain. Not sure for exactly what from the picture and my KountryAire is different and older, but when folks put campers up for the winter they want to be able to drain all the water from the plumbing so they don't have to worry about freeze damage to the pipes.
On mine, the second picture is the overflow for the water. I found this out when I had a bad valve on mine and "city water" was filling the tank unbeknownst to me while camping. Once the tank was full the excess just ran out that hose onto the ground.
Water tanks tend to be flattish and very wide. You sure aren't seeing the same tank?

I was under the impression MountainAires had a single 105 gallon tank. But there are certainly other MountainAire owners out there, perhaps we can get one to chime in. But you can't count on any certain person being on a particular forum at a particular time.

I wish I had two drains. To completely empty mine I have to jack the rear of the coach above level and have it lean to the driver's side a bit.

Not really. I'll happily jack it all sorts of ways. Once when doing some repair work I jacked it over to the passenger side just to keep the door from swinging shut. It does gall me a bit that my water tank isn't nice and level when the rest of the coach is though. The pickup on mine is in the same area as the drain.

As for the air inlet I think you'll have to crawl under the coach and follow that pipe.

Latest resources

Back