RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
Picked up the Monaco at the truck shop yesterday. To get home I have to go south down a state highway 10 miles, then go by the lake and then turn back north 4 miles. Only way I can make the turn ins to the road to my house out here in the sticks. Well I could go all the way through town and get on the interstate but there's construction and it's farther.

Told my wife I'd have to relearn driving this thing since it's been in the shop almost a month, plus I haven't drove it much anyway.
I get just out of town picking up speed and here comes a pilot car with flashing lights. Over wide crane coming down the highway. I get over, he doesn't. It's been raining a lot and didn't want to slip off on the shoulder. Get by him.

I figure I'm home free now. Then a few miles later another pilot car. Oh boy. This one's paving the way for a HOUSE. Every bit of 12 ft wide. Thank God he got over.
My wife said neither encounter looked all that close, she was following me. I felt like it was a coat of paint close.

Anyway I set my own personal record for continuous prayer, 20 minutes I figure.

Every time I take mine out, it takes a few minutes to get used to handling such a large vehicle.

I hang pool noodles off their ends from the front and rear corners of mine to make me wider so that they get over further and leave me to my three lanes of traffic.

Latest resources

Back