• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sandmaniac

RVF Regular
Hello everyone! 👋
So a tad over a year ago in May of 2023 I purchased a 2003 W22 8.1/Allison Bounder 35R that's literally in MINT condition outside and inside with only 22K original miles, my guess is she must have been garaged or covered, but anyhow, I noticed this small solar panel on top of the front AC and so I figure it's for battery charge up-keep. I live in California's High Desert which means tons of sun all the time; however, not once have I seen/noticed that tiny red LED on the front AC pickup be "ON". So I've heard mention that this "solar panel" maintains the batteries through something called a "BCC" and so first, does this "BCC" stand for, something like "Battery Charge Controller" perhaps? so, what does this BCC look like and where is it located, lastly, ive alsonheard of a "3-amp fuse" for this system, so is this fuse located at the braker/fuse panel above that "work station/small desk" in the bedroom or, is it in the fuse box right behind the hood on the driver's side of the coach?...thanks in advance guys!!..✌️👍

BCC = battery control center. It is a black box, maybe about 10 x 10, located not far from the house batteries. The small solar panel on top of the AC shroud provides a trickle charge to the engine battery. Can't remember where the fuse is located. You might find info on the REV website using your VIN.

BCC = battery control center. It is a black box, maybe about 10 x 10, located not far from the house batteries. The small solar panel on top of the AC shroud provides a trickle charge to the engine battery. Can't remember where the fuse is located. You might find info on the REV website using your VIN.

Thank you...your reply was very helpful..👍✌️

Latest resources

Back