American Eagle 42F
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
425 Cummins
Fulltimer
Yes
My wife and I live fulltime at a park. RV has not been driven since early December. Got up this morning and during breakfast noticed the fridge was not on.

I have no AC power on my wall slide. 6 outlets and the refrigerator. I have checked the breakers. Good voltage on both sides. I called Motorhomes of Texas support line and he suggested a plug in for the wiring going to the slide. I do not see any such plug. All wiring looks good. I don't see any type of damage or cabling in a bind.

I am trying to locate how the wiring runs through this side. Looks like all of the outlets passthrough. I cannot reach the one behind the refrigerator without pulling the fridge out. That's my next plan. Thinking maybe the wiring or connection there somehow has gone bad.

Any suggestions?

Look for a popped ground fault in one of the outlets. You are correct that they are run in pass through mode meaning one popped ground fault will kill any outlet downhill from it. If no ground faults popped I would start with a hard reboot of the entire coach. Unplug from park power, turn off the chassis battery switch if you have it, and then the house battery switch (salesman switch). Give a good minute or two then power up the battery systems and then the park power. Many times that kind of system reset will cure the odd power issue. You can also help help determine where the issue is by running the generator for power. If the problem does not duplicate then the issue is in the incoming park power distribution to your coach, not the wiring in the coach. Probably a breaker somewhere else in the coach. I have breakers on the side of the inverter in the coach that I have to crawl into a storage bay to access.

This issue is still not resolved. Motorhomes of Texas in Nacogdoches, Texas spent 5 hours on it and could not find the problem.

Resetting the coach and inverter did not work.

The issue exists with the generator running.

The wire feeding the slide is stranded copper wire. The wires coming out of the breaker box and the inverter are solid copper. So somewhere there is some kind of connection that changes from the solid to the stranded.

I've also looked at the transfer switch but I don't know enough about them to understand.

REV does not have a wiring diagram for it.

It is not a popped or bad ground fault. There is no GFCI on this circuit although there should be because of the ice maker.

Can someone help?

My guess is there is a GFCI. do the counter top outlets work? Do the outside outlets work?

A circuit tester/tone generator is invaluable in troubleshooting wiring. Harbor freight has a low cost one.

Without a floor plan to help understand the kitchen area, it is not possible to guess where you might look.

Latest resources

Back