Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kdsword

RVF Newbee
Hello future friends; looking at possibly entering the RV world at our retirement age. Short trips for now, due to mil that we are her caretaker as she is 94 living independently. (She has others that can relieve us is we choose a short 4-5 day trip.
I have seen a 2008 forest river lexington 28 ft. That is quite nice with 37,000 miles, one owner.
The engine is one concern since it’s a v10. Gas mileage may be well, not optimal.
Does anyone know of something similar that is not a v10?
Asking is 39,000 or best offfer. 2008 Lexington by forest river 28’ E450 v10 engine.
Thank you all for your guidance and education.

Cannot advise but a big warm welcome!

None of the RV's get "good" fuel economy. The V10 gas engine is about as good as it gets for a Gas powered RV. At least it has some power! Diesel RV's do a little better but most of them are much larger and of course more expensive to own. Everything is a compromise my friend!

Use RV Trader as a resource to check what other Lexington’s are selling for. It may help you better understand. Sounds reasonable. As far as the v10, I never owned that engine but have know some that have and no major issues. Ford built that engine over 20 years I believe. I have it’s replacement in our Concord the 7.3

Get an RVIA certified independent inspection. Inspect everything and try everything, and I mean everything. I had a 2015 2801 QS. I loved it. Got 8.5-9 mpg @65-70 mph. Got the bigger v10 in my new rig. Great engine.

I have the big chevy V8. I think 6lt.
Love it over the 10. Early on the 10's had some plug issues

Latest resources

Back