RV Model
Palazzo 33.1
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
i6.7 Cummins
Fulltimer
No
Hello friends - After years of dreaming of an RV, we have made the plunge! Lots to learn and I have appreciated reading all the great info shared here. I'm looking for a little advice after some expensive mistakes. We have 5 kiddos and 1 on the way, so I needed a 8 person toad. We decided on the Honda Odyssey and I felt lucky to find a used 2014 at a good price. This was mistake #1. Despite what one website says, they don't make base plates for the Honda Odyssey after 2013. I found one place that would do it for me, but they were going to charge $6k. We decided a tow dolly may be in our future. I called some dealers and found one. I explained what I had and they said it would work great for my Odyssey. This was mistake #2. I called the manufacturer of the tow dolly after my first trip this weekend about an issue. They told me their dealer told me wrong and the Odyssey was too wide for the tow dolly and I would eventually blow out my Odyssey tires since it was 2" too wide for that dolly and would rub when turning corners. So, now I sit with an Odyssey that I can't flat tow, a mastertow car dolly that can't fit my Odyssey, and a 17 hour RV trip in 4 weeks. Should I sell the dolly and Odyssey and try to find an older model that I can flat tow, or forge ahead with trying to find a wider dolly that may fit? Any advice or experience with this would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Latest resources

Back