Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

2017 Jayco Hummingbird 17RB Travel Trailer …

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ame3boys

RVF Newbee
Hi! Does anyone know anything about a Jayco Hummingbird? I’m new to RVing, although I camped for about 30+ years with my family in tent, then pop up. I’m looking to get off my boat and travel on land, visiting friends/family and seeing sights around this beautiful country of ours!!!! I will probably be training with a friend the same age…68.
many ideas about how this would do boondocking and camping? How hard to set up, tow, etc.
I saw this one listed for “offers considered $14,500”.
thank you in advance.
oh! I drive a Chevy Spark…it says that will tow up to 5200#. Enhanced transmission.
thanks!!!

Welcome aboard!

Just bought a Hummingbird and so far love it. Easy to pull behind my Honda Passport but gas mile dropped by 10 mpg at 70 mph on Interstate that is relatively flat.

We owned one for almost 2 years, the exact one you are referring to. It's a small travel trailer, though. I'm 6'1 and I had a hard time sleeping in the bed. Plus we had two dogs. It's cramped for sure, but it did the job traveling around the country. Towed it with a Trailblazer with a 6 cylinder engine and it seemed to pull OK. We ended up trading it in and got a bigger travel trailer because it was just too small to travel with 2 dogs. But for two people that don't spend a lot of time inside, it worked. Definitely easy to park, too!

One thing to look closely at is the limited storage space. Other than that it is perfect for myself and my dog-daughter. We put extra items we cannot store in the Hummingbird in the SUV.

If you are looking to boondock, look at the Baha model

Latest resources

Back