Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Mlangf96401

RVF Newbee
Hello fellow Ventana LE 3412 owners. Deciding on the best tow vehicle for flat towing behind it. Can you all let me know what vehicles or experiences you’re having. Love the smaller size class A after owning a 40 footer class A but concerned as to the size based on what the manufactures suggests. Thought I could look around 5,000lbs or less but after reading other forums I may need to look for something much lighter based on the 340hp motor and Allison 2500 limitations. Any comments help!

Our tow vehicle is a Jeep Cherokee - I think around 4700lbs. We have the straight Ventana model. Friends of ours have the LE model and also tow a Jeep Cherokee. They are ok with the tow performance even in the Colorado mountains.

We have the mindset when traveling in the RV that we’ll be traveling slower.

I really appreciate your feedback it’s most helpful. Can you please confirm that your friends LE is the 3412 size. If so I was looking at both the Cherokee and wrangler as a good fit.

I really appreciate your feedback it’s most helpful. Can you please confirm that your friends LE is the 3412 size. If so I was looking at both the Cherokee and wrangler as a good fit.
They have the same model as ours - 3436 but in the LE coach. I believe the LE has the 340HP motor while ours has 360HP and as your stated different transmissions.

Latest resources

Back