Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

johnrdds

RVF Newbee
2 day old 2020 Bay Star Sport 3014. The 12v 20a fuse for fridge control panel is blown. It happened at the dealer during our walk through but then seemed to be working when we left with it. Any thoughts.

Hello and welcome to RVForums @johnrdds. I'm sorry to hear of the problem. My gut instinct question is, have you tried replacing the fuse and see if a new one holds? I'm not sure what a fridge control panel is. Where is this fuse located? In the coach's 12V panel in the coach or behind the cord reel?

Hello and welcome to RVForums @johnrdds. I'm sorry to hear of the problem. My gut instinct question is, have you tried replacing the fuse and see if a new one holds? I'm not sure what a fridge control panel is. Where is this fuse located? In the coach's 12V panel in the coach or behind the cord reel?

I have tried several fuses. This 12v panel is in a cabinet in the bathroom which also has the breakers in it. It is my understanding that this 12v 20a powers the control panel on front surface of the fridge which you would use to turn on fridge then can choose electric or gas or auto mode to get it running. I am new at all this so I could be wrong.

Okay, then obviously something is shorting out and blowing the fuse. I suggest calling the dealer when they open and/or calling Newmar. Newmar is supposed to be 24/7 and the number is on the driver's side window but you'll likely get voicemail now. I have called Newmar on a Sunday when I had a critical issue and they helped so it's up to you when to call based on how critical the issue is to you.

Okay, then obviously something is shorting out and blowing the fuse. I suggest calling the dealer when they open and/or calling Newmar. Newmar is supposed to be 24/7 and the number is on the driver's side window but you'll likely get voicemail now. I have called Newmar on a Sunday when I had a critical issue and they helped so it's up to you when to call based on how critical the issue is to you.

I figured that's where this was headed. I was just hoping for some simple things I could check but it's probably more involved.

I think you need to take it back to the dealer to have this problem corrected. It could be several things; a bad control panel board in the refrigerator, or a shorted wire somewhere. Since it has been problematic since the get-go, my gut feeling is that the power supply wire for the board may have been pierced by a metal screw during construction or refrigerator installation, causing it to short out. It would not have been the first time.

Since you are obviously under warranty, make the dealer track the problem down and fix it.

TJ

I called the 24/7 number when my inverter died on the way home from the FPU. No one ever responded. Instead of my planned overnight stop, I had to push for home, as I had no way to keep the batteries charged. Very disappointed in that service.

Latest resources

Back