• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JDK Bay Star

RVF Regular
Hello,

Have a 2022 Baystar 3014. Ford F53 Chassis. Tried to tow jeep with Patriot Brake Pedal System. Not getting any current from rig adapter. Lights work in Jeep while connected.

Tested adapter output with altimeter - none in pin for aux power.

Does any one know where the fusebox and fuse number would be for this? The rig has at least 4 fuse boxes. None of which describe this fuse requirement.

Thanks

Dave

Check for a coiled wire above your 7-way plug. May be zip-tied to the frame rail.
Connect to "Aux" pin on your 7-way.

I have the same, and there is no coiled wire pack above the 7-way.
All wires are connected to the 7-way on the 2022 3014...

I was able to look at the 7 pin per Jabber Jaw (thanks) see pic … there is no wire connected to the power pin but per my dealer (beckleys in Maryland) The new Ford F53 chassis does not provide an auxiliary power wire to the 7 way plug … he had the same issue with a coachman

Also note there are 2 disconnected wires that read no power … don’t know where they come from ….

Here is a pic of the 7 pin adapter

Attachments

• 6AF5E17B-505A-41AE-A474-32739BB8E16A.jpeg
    6AF5E17B-505A-41AE-A474-32739BB8E16A.jpeg
    555.8 KB · Views: 13
yup. Its a Ford thing. My 17 F250 is the same. There is a slot in the fuse block for a relay to power it, but no wiring or connections in the block, much less a relay there.

I wired my 12V power cord reel off the generator 12V starter wire, which is close to the rear of the coach (within sight of the rear hitch).

I will splice into my 12V cord reel line and send the 12V to the receiver. Easy enough.

Yikes. That is the only thing I did not check. Glad I did not try to pull a trailer. I wonder if the dealer ran the wire on my Expe3dition or if it was already there.

What did you do?
Nothing - frustrating at times but the only thing I tow these days that would use it is a horse trailer and I think they can see in the dark.

Latest resources

Back