Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I posted only a few days ago about it not being the time to buy. The sentiment was in regards to a USED rv, and also USED vehicles.

The same sentiment is true for purchasing NEW - On the lot RV's from most dealers. I did, however, find an exception to the rule.

Newmar coaches have already started to trend down on sales. Dealers are wanting to sell specific models. There are a few models that have sold out, but for those with a higher budget in mind (Luxury line), the deals are actually better now than they have been in a while.

July 16, 2021 Newmar is doing a 2% price increase on all diesel product, and will no longer guarantee price protection for orders placed after July 16, 2021. This is something that others in the industry have already implemented, and it makes sense.

Newmar has also changed the entire order process slightly. In the good old days of "pre-covid", dealers would buy out all the coaches they could and have blanket orders in the build slots that would then be customized. This allowed the dealer to know exactly when it was coming in, and then make changes last minute.

This practice alone was a huge disruption to the supply chain, and it is amazing that Newmar allowed it to go on for as long as they did. Most likely the push back by dealers was too much to upset, so Newmar dealt with it, as did the customer.

Why the customer? Think about it--if everyday you come to work knowing that someone is going to run up to you with a yellow sticky note telling you to change something, yet you still have to produce the same amount of product...how is that even possible?

I know that orders never where changed once they entered building 7, but they did change while still in the chassis shop. The person making changes had to find the product from somewhere, and this chaos has trickle down effect.

When covid hit, the entire supply chain halted. Not only could custom orders not be fulfilled, but stock orders couldn't either..parts where a huge nightmare.

So the new process is this: A deal must be signed by customer, including paint, blueprints, and specials. Only after all are signed can the build be assigned a coach number, chassis vin, and production run. Dealers know that they have x amount of chassis available in each run, but if they fail to turn in an order, then a dealer in the runs after them with an order ready to go will be moved up, and the dealer will take the back of the list.

Once you sign off, there is still a very small window to make changes. If you do make changes, your vin / build will be canceled, and the process starts over. You will most certainly lose your slot assignment.

After the small window passes, you and your dealer are legally bound to the coach as you signed off on it.

You are at risk for your deposit, and your dealer will have to purchase the coach and put it on their lot for someone else to sell.

Now to my situation. @ARD started looking at 2022 DSDP coaches, and I was helping her with paint schemes. Newmar did a terrible job with the 2022 Dutchstar pattern, especially at the rear of the coach. No matter how you color it, the rear looks like an homage to Donald Trump's hair....look at it:

1625612460900.png
1625612476822.png
1625612493523.png

I could not unsee it after I said it---and I don't think Renee could either.

She then flipped to the London Aire. I got to wondering why she would make that jump. I have always said my next model up would be the LA, but I figured I had a few Dutch Stars left in me before that big jump.

The answer revealed it self as I started pricing. For my coach, the net difference between selling my 2019 DSDP and buying the 2022 LA4551 is $200k - $235k. I don't know exactly as I have not sold my 2019 yet, and I have not received final pricing on the specials.

That price difference is in line with the difference in buying a new 2022 DSDP today vs a 2022 LADP, which means I did not take a depreciation hit. That doesn't happen---ever, and so this became the right time to buy.

More about the build to come...still working on the final selection items and waiting to sign off on my deal sheet.

Will you & @ARD be twins?

Deal is Signed. Deal is Done. Waiting for Newmar to respond to my specials.

Here is the summary of my order:

London Aire 4551
Custom Paint
Glazed Maple Matte Cabinets
All electric
Dishwasher
Extra Monitor
Rear Camera Prep for Stacker
Euro Booth
Sleep Number Bed
LED under ODS slides
Stainless Trim
Kitchen Window

Now for the specials:
  • Flooring: KG22-102 laid in KG style ILO Std
  • Backsplash: DS22-280 backsplash ILO Std in kitchen
  • Backsplash: DS22-280 backsplash ILO Std in mid bath

IMG_4414.jpg
  • Shower Floor: LA22-511 floor tile ILO Std
  • Ceiling: LA22-531 Leather “B” on ceiling ILO Std
  • Cab Seats: LA22-531 Fabric “A” on front seat piping ILO Std (seats all one color)
  • Equal Depth Cabinets over sofa and euro booth
  • No Nail head on furniture
  • No Nail head on bedroom headboard
  • Master Bathroom Medicine cabinet – adjustable shelving ILO fixed (both shelves)
  • DS 4369 Dresser in Master Bedroom ILO Std
  • Add 2 adjustable shelves in both sides of Dresser in master bedroom and keep hanging rack
  • Add LED lighting in bedroom wardrobe cabinets so lit when open
  • Std size passenger seat ILO wide seat in cab area
  • Solid door into bedroom ILO of reeded glass
  • Vented egress window in bedroom

ELECTRIC
  • Add 110 Volt with USB in master closet to the right of the shoe shelf half way down
  • Add 110 V with USB Med Cabinet in rear bathroom (std in 1 so just adding the other side)
  • Add 110V with USB behind drivers seat (if can’t be done with USB then just a regular 110V)
  • Add 110V with USB the the left side of valance by dining room window
  • Add 110V in electrical bay on the left side if looking at it
  • Add 110V (NON INVERTED) in Bay 2 door side to share with freezer bay circuit
  • Add 110V Freezer Bay dual outlet ILO single outlet
  • Add 110V non inverted outlet in kitchen under microwave towards cabinet side (opposite power leg/phase of microwave)
  • Add 12V in Driver OH Cabinet (non ignition controlled)
  • Conduit from driver overhead cabinet to roof
  • Conduit from driver overhead cabinet to media cabinet
  • Conduit from electrical bay to half bath electrical cabinet
  • Conduit from half bath electrical cabinet to roof
  • Add half tray slider in Bay 3 on the door side

APPLIANCES
  • GE Advantium Microwave ILO Std
  • Vent microwave to the exterior

London Aire 4551
Custom Paint
All electric
Dishwasher
Extra Monitor
Euro Booth
Sleep Number Bed
LED under ODS slides
Stainless Trim
Kitchen Window

Now for the specials:

View attachment 7832
  • Cab Seats: LA22-531 Fabric “A” on front seat piping ILO Std (seats all one color)
  • Master Bathroom Medicine cabinet – adjustable shelving ILO fixed (both shelves)
  • Add 2 adjustable shelves in both sides of Dresser in master bedroom and keep hanging rack

ELECTRIC
  • Add 110 Volt with USB in master closet to the right of the shoe shelf half way down
  • Add 110 V with USB Med Cabinet in rear bathroom (std in 1 so just adding the other side)
  • Add 110V with USB behind drivers seat (if can’t be done with USB then just a regular 110V)
  • Add 110V non inverted outlet in kitchen under microwave towards cabinet side (opposite power leg/phase of microwave)

APPLIANCES
Livin large, @redbaron , livin large.
How I Met Your Mother Comedy GIF by Laff

For the extra outlet in the electric bay did you specify circuit? I assume they will just use the existing basement circuit if not otherwise listed. On my Ventana that's a 20amp circuit, I assume LA will be the same.

For the extra outlet in bay2 ODS that will tie into the freezer line you may want to amend the request to make that a 20amp line. On my Ventana that's only a 15amp. Once at temp the freezer will never draw more than 5amps - which would leave you 15amps for whatever else you are putting on that circuit. I'd hate to have something like a pressure washer plugged in there and have it run at the same time as the freezer and pop a 15amp breaker.

- Richard

London Aire 4551
Custom Paint
All electric
Dishwasher
Extra Monitor
Euro Booth
Sleep Number Bed
LED under ODS slides
Stainless Trim
Kitchen Window

Now for the specials:

View attachment 7832

ELECTRIC

APPLIANCES
I guess we know where all of your disposable income will be going. :)

Latest resources

Back