Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It's getting close to that time of the year again, dealer show should be in a month. Feel free to make your predictions and hopefully we'll get info when it becomes available.

Who's planning to buy a 2022 Newmar Motorhome?

I think that King Aire price might come back down from the stratosphere. I recall an awful lot of folks laughing at Newmar asking well over a million for a line built unit. If nothing else, I’d be gobsmacked if it went up.

I wish Newmar would build 5ers again, and I bet the market does too. Those and low to mid market gassers are the real hot cakes in this environment. I don’t think that will come to fruition though

Perhaps some half decent internet connectivity hardware solutions as an option, maybe a pepwave partnership? That’d be nice...

I think some infotainment upgrades are long overdue. Maybe a CarPlay/Android Auto unit as an option, though I don’t know of any CarPlay/Android Auto compatible RV navigation solutions. I looked into building an app for this. Mapping apps are relatively easy to do but getting them on CarPlay and Android Auto - way, way, way harder with lots of hurdles. Neither Apple nor Google make this very easy. Once I’d reviewed the requirements, it was no surprise that the few CarPlay/Android Auto compatible nav solutions available were all built by tech industry titans.

A factory active air option would be great, but not holding my breath

Some revisions to the VTDP 4329 floorplan seem wise to me. It strikes me an incredibly inefficient floorplan that would benefit greatly from a FWS instead of quad slides.

Emergency rear egress on the KSDP seems like a no brainer to me

Villa furniture on all lines, since Flexsteel is gone (good riddance)

Air chuck for AFO on Freightliners

Sanicon on the Ventana

LED headlights on the DSDP+

Last edited:
I haven't cared for the front nose caps of the recent year models, I really liked the chrome accents. I have a feeling with collision mitigation, some of which being forced on owners, is going to drive that front cap to remain ugly.

That’s probably true. I also preferred the legacy caps, except for the current Ventana’s which I do prefer.

The other thing about cap design revisions is they tend to save them for model overhauls because well, it’s about the only exterior design component they can really make whatever they want. It also has implications for which car models to borrow lights from.

Higher prices across the board.

Fewer swirly graphics.

I do agree that prices will be up for 99% of the product line, I just don’t think they will be at the tippy tippy top.

Also, why are there no dual FWS models? Don’t wanna move plumbing? If they can figure it out for the kitchen sink they can figure it out for everything else. Dual FWS would be bananas

When was the Winnebago thing supposed to engage, if ever? I think it was two years after the acquisition something changed, or was that just Matt Miller hanging around for two years (minimum?) per the deal? Wonder if we'll see any changes related to the post acquisition.

I don’t recall their being a timeframe on Matt sticking around but it wouldn’t surprise me if there was an unwritten one. I personally think that I have seen the Winnebago changes as I had to fight like hell for every fix as my warranty approached its end.

Noticed after dropping the laminate in the FWS that it was slightly out of level (3/4 higher in the front than the rear). Gave Newmar a call and asked if they could send NewServe. I am on a first name basis with Mark (the tech) at this point and even know about where he lives.

Being less than 6 months out of warranty, I wondered if they might offer to send him at no charge since I was literally less than 20 minutes from his house and I told them the slides had been like this for a whole, it just became much more obvious with the laminate now installed. No such offer. $145 an hour to realign the slides. It’s fine.

I’d read so much about this Newmar good will for so long, then Winnie bought them just before I took delivery. Newmar has never done anything for me purely out of good will, at least not without me arguing with them over several emails for several days/weeks/months as to why they should. Seems with Winnie in charge, it might be more of a wear em down type approach to get what you want.

With the pandemic sellers market Newmar is going to capitalize. I bet at least 3% rise across the models.

Latest resources

Back