Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2022 Nexus Triumph 31t. Massive issues on maiden voyage.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KSoze

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Nexus
RV Model
Triumph 31t
RV Length
31ft.
Chassis
Ford E450
Engine
Ford v8
TOW/TOAD
7000Lbs.
Fulltimer
No
Water tank leak, shower leak, hot water heater not working, window screens falling off, door not properly sealed. Check engine light on (emissions issue), tire valve leaky. First time motor home owner, is this normal?

Water tank leak, shower leak, hot water heater not working, window screens falling off, door not properly sealed. Check engine light on (emissions issue), tire valve leaky. First time motor home owner, is this normal?
New rig? Very disappointing.

Sorry to hear your first trip out, so many issues. Sounds as if your dealer did a very poor PDI, assuming this is a new 2022 unit.

Sorry to hear your first trip out, so many issues. Sounds as if your dealer did a very poor PDI, assuming this is a new 2022 unit.
Brand new. I’m ready to give up on RVing.

Man...that is NOT the "old" normal...maybe the "new" normal. I would be furious. Do the "Lemon Laws" apply to RV's ? I would certainly express your disappointment to the dealer, manufacturer, and anyone else that will listen. Blessings, and I pray one day you'll have an "issue-less" trip.

Brand new. I’m ready to give up on RVing.
Don’t let this first trip ruin the experience and adventures. Get with the dealer/manufacturer to fix the things you found. I would ask to see a copy of their pre delivery inspection (PDI) and if they can’t produce one ask that they perform one prior to returning the coach to you.

I agree that the selling Dealer should have caught these issues. As to First Time Out, I always suggest a local test run, maybe in the driveway for an overnight or two.

As I've said about many things; "new does not necessarily mean good". That is why companies provide a warranty.

Don't give up. Make a detailed list, perhaps with pictures, and take the matter up with your Dealer.

Sorry to hear all that.
On a new RV, the first few trips should short, close to home “shake down” adventures. As Bob said, start making a list for the service department, and learn more details about your RV.

What did you find out from your dealer? We took our 2023 Nexus Triumph out on it's first (about 250 miles) road trip, just to see how it to the large hills (mountains). Ran great, we had 5 people on this trip. We were gone 5-7 hours, used the restroom on this test ride. Before we took it to storage my husband emptied the tanks. While the black take was rinsing he went into one of the bays on the other side of the unit only to find it filling with water! Wth, really can't figure out where the leak is coming from. Just wondering how your dealership handled your repairs?

Latest resources

Back