RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4118
RV Length
41'
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
I saw on the 2022 model year announcements that the 2022 Mountain Aire features a new 10” Xite dash monitor system with NavnGo navigation system. The NavnGo system replaces Rand McNally navigation as Rand McNally no longer supports RV applications." I assume this was done on all the 2022 coaches?

I have now had a chance to use this system for a bit and really like it ... especially the remote unit that my wife can operate it from and all I have to do is watch the route on the big screen. Here is my question ... the operator manual says ... "5.9 Updates - The XSG4NA is set up to only allow Over the Air updates. This means that the program will allow you to update new maps/POI databases or the program itself via an Internet connection. When the program detects an active internet connection, it will automatically check whether updates are available for you to download." My question is I can't seem to find out how to establish an active internet connection?? Anybody done this yet?

FLSteve

I think I just found the answer on Newgle.

FLSteve :unsure:

Attachments

• How to Secure a WiFi Connection for Map Updates on an Xite G4 NavNGo Navigation System.pdf
    21.3 MB · Views: 84
OK ... here is the "wrap-up" I hope.

I was able to follow the three (3) page instructions I found on Newgle and did get mine to connect to the campground WiFi and also to my iPhone phone hotspot, so I assume it came with a dongle which seems to be missing on some units. Unfortunately, there were no online updates available for my unit yet, so will keep trying until there are and then I will know it is really working. I am usually not a fan of the inboard GPS units but so far, I am really liking this one. We drove from south Florida to Houston last week and I think it was spot on the entire way. The best feature for us is the remote unit over by the passenger seat so my wife can do all the keyboard work. All I do is drive and follow what it says.

FLSteve :unsure:

Thank you Steve! Safe travels

Latest resources

Back