Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BrianH

RVF Newbee
New purchase from Camping World and Dealer Walk thru Tech knew nothing about RV's, neither did the salesman so, after purchase have so many questions about this Motor home.
Has alot of technology that prior rig did not. Even the shop could not tell me where the freshwater drain is?? so I will rattle off a few of issues,
1) starting battery was dead, evidence of jumpstarting it
2) new battery was dead in 2 days Alternator is charging battery 13.6 volts
3) how do I tell if the fridge is running on inverter down road?, not on shore pwr, no light on inside?

What kind of fridge? If it is absorption it is 12 vdc, If it is residential the light is 120 vac. If there is a battery switch, turn it off. Battery should settle at high 12's after settling from a charge. 13.1 is a float and 13.5 plus is charging. If the battery was allowed to go to low, it is toast no matter how much you charge it or what they tell you. I assume a used rig.

2023 Residential type, found plug under fridge, when no shore pwr and inverter "ON" had no pwr to outlet. i just found a second switch by the stairs and when turned on (had to hold till green light came on) now i have pwr to the fridge on the inverter.

I just so called upgraded from a 2011 Coachman Mirada 35 DS, had for 9+ years, knew every inch of it. Semi retired and will be traveling more and needed more towing capacity, So the Fortris is rated at 8,000 lbs. can haul truck and Harley. But i knew going in the electronics and touch screen were going to be an issue. Sales folks are also overwhelmed by the technology. I WILL FIGURE IT OUT!. a little help from my new friends. :)

Latest resources

Back