Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

kinger

RVF Regular
New to me owner of a 2017 highland ridge 3x377fl that has 3 20 lb. tanks, 2 on the door side and 1 on the service side. Puzzled as to the function?

I think you're going to have to clarify your thoughts, here.
The function of a propane tank is to store propane gas under pressure, so you can utilize it as needed for heat, cooking, or hot water.

Care to detail your question a bit more?

(I'll admit, it does seem a bit strange to have three 20-pounders spread around like that.)

Roger

I think you're going to have to clarify your thoughts, here.
The function of a propane tank is to store propane gas under pressure, so you can utilize it as needed for heat, cooking, or hot water.

Care to detail your question a bit more?

(I'll admit, it does seem a bit strange to have three 20-pounders spread around like that.)

Roger
I also thought it strange. The two tanks have a regular hookup with one regulator, which to me is normal. The tank on the service side has its own regulator and hoses which lead into the rig. I am aware of the functions of propane, just wondering if anyone would know why there are three tanks in this particular model

Wait.....the single tank on the service side has more than one hose?

It's pure speculation on my part, but let's try a little logic. Is the fridge on one side of the camper, and the water heater and furnace on the other side?

(Might the single tank be for the fridge, and the dual tanks be for the furnce and water heater?)

Otherwise, the only way I can see to figure it out is to track the hose(s). No.....you could turn off the valve on the single, and see what no longer operates.

BTW.....is there space for 30-pound tanks, or is the space not tall enough?

Roger

Wait.....the single tank on the service side has more than one hose?

It's pure speculation on my part, but let's try a little logic. Is the fridge on one side of the camper, and the water heater and furnace on the other side?

(Might the single tank be for the fridge, and the dual tanks be for the furnce and water heater?)

Otherwise, the only way I can see to figure it out is to track the hose(s). No.....you could turn off the valve on the single, and see what no longer operates.

BTW.....is there space for 30-pound tanks, or is the space not tall enough?

Roger
Thanks for the feedback but the fridge is residential and does not work on gas. Thinking maybe it’s just a spare. Tank valve is off right now on the single tank, and only using one of the double 20 lb, and all gas appliances working properly.

30 pound propane tanks are heavy. Their selling point was the 20 pound tanks are easier to handle and you still carry the same amount of propane. I think they even advertised this.

I don't see if you mention if a hose is connected to the single, but I know a lot of folks carry a separate tank for things like external grill or fire ring.

Latest resources

Back