• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

josefina avila

RVF Newbee
Hi!
I’m planning to start vanlife and my total budget at max is 38K. I want to drive and travel from Canada to southamerica, what would you choose? (Convert cargo van, buy used motorhome class b, class c, etc)

I read you!!

Quite the ambition!

For me converted cargo van. Probably Ford Chevy,or Ram! Nothing fancy, don't be a target!!! Make sure it's reliable, as your responsible to remove it from Mexico should it brake. You can sell it in Belize I hear, and fly home!!! Just saying!!!

Hi!
I’m planning to start vanlife and my total budget at max is 38K. I want to drive and travel from Canada to southamerica, what would you choose? (Convert cargo van, buy used motorhome class b, class c, etc)

I read you!!
Is 38k your budget for just the van or van and trip.to SA?

I will suggest find something in the budget range ,but offer low enough for savings in your account for repairs.
Have a shop check out what you are looking at, auto repairs are crazzy expensive, probably more if you are on the road.

Mexican Insurance? Is that like large denomination U.S. currency?
Believe it or not. An insurance issued by the government,is a get out of jail card. Without it you go to jail,and are held until you are proven "not responsible" in an accident. I highly recommend only government issued policy!!!

I have got a couple thousand more than that in my BaRTH but you have to be handy, or have friends that are handy. Click on the word BaRTH above and check it out. I bought my vintage "Airstream-Wanna-Be twelve years ago. It does NOT have the airstream price tag.
Good Luck 🍀with your search!

Latest resources

Back