Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rdbrugger46

RVF Newbee
We are experiencing a problem with switching from fresh water to bypass. It appears that the valve is stuck and will need to be replaced. Contacted Newmar and they sent me a new valve to replace it with but they don't look the same. Also, it appears that I will need to take the metal face plate off but before I can do that I will need to do detach the levers of the other valves (gray tank x2, black tank, low flow and high flow). Our problem started when we tried to use the water from the fresh water tanks but could only get the city water to work. When trying to use the kitchen sink, the water pressure is pretty weak compared to the bathroom sink and shower on city water and on the tanks the pump just keeps running and water can not get to the kitchen sink. That is why we think the valve is stuck and needs to be replaced.

Wondering if anyone has suggestions. I worry that with the age of the 5th wheel the other valves, when messed with as I will need to take off their lever, will also follow suit. The levers look like they are being held on by a small phillips screw, so hopefully no big deal. My 5th wheel is parked permanently on my property in northern New Mexico where I'm pretty much on my own and have no means to transport it anywhere for assistance.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back