RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Heritage Glen LTZ 337BAR 5th Wheel
RV Length
39' 7"
Greetings everyone. We've discussed the idea of living on the road full-time in a 5th wheel. I'd like to here some opinions on which brand/model y'all would recommend. We plan traveling all across the USA with our home on wheels. Thanks for your input.

Do you have a 5th wheel now? By your profile it looks like you have a 2018RV MakeForest RiverRV ModelHeritage Glen LTZ 337BAR 5th Wheel. Is that right?

Do you have a 5th wheel now? By your profile it looks like you have a 2018RV MakeForest RiverRV ModelHeritage Glen LTZ 337BAR 5th Wheel. Is that right?
Yes we have a Heritage Glen 5th wheel now.

Why do you want to change from what you have now? That would be my starting point when looking for a new RV.

TJ

Why do you want to change from what you have now? That would be my starting point when looking for a new RV.

TJ
I've thought about that but I'm not sure if its built for the constant traveling and living in...don't get me wrong we love it. Just don't think it would make for a good 4 season camper. I would think that the ones built to live in while traveling would be built of more heavy duty materials, be better insulated, and have more storage. Its not out of the question to keep it and hit the road with it though.

Based on what I saw online, it is a very nice 5th wheel. I believe I would try it out for a while full time to see what you may have to improve on first. There are suspension and king pin upgrades to make the ride smoother not only for you but the trailer too.
As far as insulation I presume you are talking about camping in the winter in areas where it could freeze. We actually use the portable oil heaters in our RV when temps begin to drop. We use them in our house too. They don’t take much energy as the oil is heated up and retains the heat for a time. We found out that one placed in the living area would take care of the entire RV even when it was snowing outside. We liked it cooler in the bedroom for better sleeping. We would put a smaller unit in out storage compartment near the water system and set it to much lower temp like 40 deg so the exposed water lines would not freeze. It also kept the floor of the bedroom warmer.

The reason why we did this is because we did not like the noise from the heater that was installed in the unit. Anyway, I think you’ll find when you full time there will be adjustments in anything you would be in.

You would probably be good with what you have now to start with. My wife and I are full timing in a FR Hemisphere Lite, and after three years and lots of miles (about 20,000) on the trailer it is doing fine. I do have an air ride hitch and Lippert Center Point (add on air ride) on the trailer, so I'm sure that helps. The only time I have had any problem keeping it comfortable in here was in Arizona with temps over 100* and full sun from sun-up to sun-down.

For full timing I think a Cedar Creek or Montana would be a good choice. The Heritage Glen is definitely not make for full timing. I highly recommend taking a factory tour before you buy any unit for full timing if possible. However, with the COVID virus factory tours might be a thing of the past.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back