Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Janie5

RVF Newbee
We are in the market to buy our 1st 5th wheel. We have had a popup and a Sunnybrook 31ft TT. We are looking for a 27-31ft 5th wheel. We are buying a used one 2016-2020. Any recommendation? What do you think is the best construction and the kind that holds up the best? Thank you!

Welcome to RVForums @Janie5. I'm sure the super friendly gang here will help you out. Welcome aboard.

I have been off line for a while. I can't say as I have a preference as to brand. Find the floor plan that you like and then inspect it carefully. Look for things like a wavy wall (meaning possible delamination) and other discoloration in the ceiling and or walls (meaning a water leak). IF I saw either of those I would walk away.......Far away.

We are in the market to buy our 1st 5th wheel. We have had a popup and a Sunnybrook 31ft TT. We are looking for a 27-31ft 5th wheel. We are buying a used one 2016-2020. Any recommendation? What do you think is the best construction and the kind that holds up the best? Thank you!
Good morning! We just bought our first 5th wheel AND we are new to all this RVing! We LOVE our RV. We literally just took it for 2 nights to get the "feel" of everything. We looked and researched and then settled on CrossRoads Volante. Floor plan is key, I agree with the other comment, pick a floor plan and then go with that. I guess budget has a lot to do with it too. Our budget was around 40-50K, but we feel like we got so much for our money! Full size frig and the shower is wonderful! That was our 2 big things, a big frig and a big shower, especially in our price range. Another thing we were warned about is warranty, we were told that Forest River is the worst, they don't want to pay for anything! We got an extended warranty thru Good Sam. I have come to the conclusion that no matter how many you look at, no matter how much research you do, you just won't really know until you just buy one, go one some trips, and THEN you will figure out what you want! Even after one little trip, I am already planning my next one! Good luck!

Another thing to look for is one with aluminum framing instead of wood. Lighter, stronger, and less likely to rot.

I just purchased a 2016 Jayco Eagle 317 rlok. I looked at quite a few other brands prior to buying. I think that I got a lot for my money. Full size fridge, full size shower, full size bed that is easy to walk around, auto leveling jacks, over head fan, electric fireplace, aluminum frame and good overall quality! I've had several other campers over the years and the floor plan of this unit is great!

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

Latest resources

Back