Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Golfer Guy

RVF Regular
The other day I tried to update the SD card and get the newest maps for my Clarion head unit. In doing so something got messed up and my GPS wouldn't show any streets on the map at all. Since I didn't care for the Clarion unit that came with the coach I bought the Pioneer AVIC 8400 NEX head unit. Installed it today and it works perfectly. Music is better and the GPS in what I am familiar with. This new unit has Android Auto which the Clarion did not so overall I am much happier with this unit. Not cheap but way better. Now I am debating if I want to update speakers, sub woofer, and amp.

Good for you. Definitely 8000X better. I went with Alpine 5 1/4" speakers, love them!

Since I didn't care for the Clarion unit that came with the coach I bought the Pioneer AVIC 8400 NEX head unit. Installed it today and it works perfectly.
I'll be interested to hear how the Pioneer Nav system works going forward. I bought a Pioneer back in 2006 and it couldn't find its way home from the grocery store. I know, that was an eternity with respect to technology, so hopefully they have gotten much better.

I'll be interested to hear how the Pioneer Nav system works going forward. I bought a Pioneer back in 2006 and it couldn't find its way home from the grocery store. I know, that was an eternity with respect to technology, so hopefully they have gotten much better.

I’ve used and it was great and handled traffic rerouting nicely as well. Mine has the same parameter options as the Garmin for RV size and weight. I have the AVIC-8201.

I’ve used and it was great and handled traffic rerouting nicely as well. Mine has the same parameter options as the Garmin for RV size and weight. I have the AVIC-8201.
Neal, I would like to set my new unit up with height and weight restrictions like the Garmin too. How did you do that? I would think the 8400 should be able to program those parameters as well.

Thanks
Steve

My 8201 has profiles which you "should" find in the navigation area in the settings specific to that area.

Also learn how to check the firmware and apply updates and buy map updates, I think your first year is free so check that too.

Latest resources

Back