Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

montyb99

RVF Newbee
Just wondering if anybody could give me a little insight on a 99 artic fox bumper pull camper. I’m needing something four seasons and found one. From what I understand all artic fox campers are four season. What concerns me Is this one does not have any tank heaters. And the sewage tanks are exposed on the out side. Is this something I should be concerned about? I’m just looking for a little insight on this camper. Any help would be appreciated thank you

I am not familiar with that particular unit, but I can tell you that there are virtually no true 4 season rv's built as the average person wants to apply the "4 season" description. The 4 season label in actual use will usually mean it has somewhat beter insulation than a non 4 season unit. All you have to do is look in this and many other forums out there for posts about pipes, tanks and valves freeezing up and you will find many owners of "4 season" units trying to thaw things out or trying to repair burst pipes and tanks. If you truly want to use the camper in freezing weather it will require extensive preperation, tank heaters, heat tape and skirting to pull it off successfully. Virtually everything that handles liquids will need to be addressed, and then there is actually keeping the living area warm enough to live in. If you are seeing no tank heaters, and exposed tanks you may want to keep looking. Dont mean to rain on your parade, just trying to be honest on real world usage expectations. Others with more experience with this actual unit feel free to correct me if your experience is different.

Latest resources

Back