RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Wayfarer
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
'21 Jeep Rubicon
My A/C drip line has been since I got the RV in March exiting just behind the drivers side front wheel. All of a sudden it is overflowing the pan and dripping over the entry door. How do you clean the drip line?

If you can get onto the roof, you can see if debris is blocking the drain opening. This is a fairly common occurrence. Clearing that away should restore the drain function. ACs frequently drain onto the roof and the water then flows to a nearby roof drain that gets clogged.

If that isn't the problem, you can try GENTLY blowing it out with air from the bottom. Hold an air gun several inches away from the end of the hose at the bottom (If it has a "duckbill" covering, you will need to hold it open) and squirt short bursts of air toward the opening. DO NOT press the nose of the air gun into or directly against the hose as the pressure could burst the hose if it is seriously clogged.

TJ

First you should clear all four drain points on the roof. It doesn’t take much debris to cover the perforated screen. Thereafter I have used this on the end of a garden hose to blow debris out. First I tried air but water works better for me. You’ll need to slide under the corner of the bus and find the duckbill (looks like it sounds) which is attached to the drain pipe. Then you can push the brass pointy gizmo up inside the duckbill until it hits the drain pipe. It may fit slightly inside the pipe. Now squeeze the duckbill tight around the brass gizmo and pull the trigger! Short blasts then release and let it drain. Of course you’ll get drenched but it’ll clean out those pesky drains. The front of the bus will have a drain on each side. The back has both sides draining to the right side of the bus. Good luck and wear eye protection!

Attachments

• 1DE095E3-7508-4DE3-A7E2-D4670280A942.jpeg
    1DE095E3-7508-4DE3-A7E2-D4670280A942.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 14
I have used this on the end of a garden hose to blow debris out. First I tried air but water works better for me.
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that approach. The short burst approach is the same as I have used with air, but may provide some lubrication to get the crud flowing down rather than blowing it out the top.

I'll have to give that approach a try.

TJ

Latest resources

Back