Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI A look at Newmar's price changes between 2019 and 2023 (MSRP)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I watched a YouTuber last night point out the horrendous price increases by Newmar (and others) and the moral is if people keep paying they'll keep raising the prices. RV's have become stupidly overpriced - hold on to what you have! I used the Internet archives to try and go back to Newmar's site to find their price and model matrix and it looks like the earliest I could find this layout was for 2019. I only tried back to 2016 but if you can find the data feel free to post it. If I were buying a RV in the near future or distant future I would work hard for deals, do not rush, and be patient. Lots are full, the market has peaked, manufacturers and dealers will be desperate to sell and have no choice but massive discounts. It has turned to a buyers market but only if you make it that way!

(click images for better viewing)

2019b.png

2023.png

While I typically buy NEW I would look hard at the used (gently used) market if I was buying (I'm not). I am seeing a flooding of late model Newmar's being listed, not sure why but I have my hunches. I think the deals are going to be big in the pre-owned market.

Yep I agree with Neal. I think the market is flooded right now and it's going to get worse. But the price increases in new is crazy. Look at the price increase of a Newmar MSRP 2019 New Aire to 2023... That's a $250K increase in five years.

Tiffin has taken some big increases also. But I think Newmar has them beat. Yep glad I got when I did, I guess I will have to wait a bit before I look at a new bus.
HH

Hold on! I was rolling over in bed last night wondering how the SVB thing was going to change the RVmarket.

It is crazy a comparably equipped 2023 London Aire as my 2019 is $228,000 more.

For the heck of it I priced out a new Dutch Star, and I can't believe the MSRP on my London air was $708,944 and the MSRP on a 2023 Dutch Star is $708,209.

Newmar has absolutely priced themselves out of the huge Dutch Star market that was their bread and butter coach.

Forget the 30% off MSRP target for buyers. Your target should be 50% or better now.

Newmar MSRP 2019 New Aire to 2023... That's a $250K increase in five years.
I think the New Aire is the oddball in the bunch in that they went from 33 to 35 with a significantly bigger engine. I don't know what year that changed but yeah, it is in their luxury lineup which is massively inflated in pricing too. But keep in mind the changes that went on with the New Aire from then to now.

Across the board, we would have to consider any equipment upgrades added to a model year in order to compare price increases

Yup. Baystar 3626 went from $195k to 272-280k 2020-2023. Insane is all I can say. Whowould have ever thought a gasser would be over $250k.

I may have to make this last 20 years.

The increases with all manufacturers have been the norm. Good post Neal.

Latest resources

Back