Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

The Blacks

RVF Newbee
Just purchased a 2006 Itasca with 5000 generator. Generator works fine. When AC is not in use. After cutting AC on it shuts gen down . Just purchased this camper from Camping world and was told generator was just serviced. Any idea of what I could be doing wrong .

Welcome to RVForums @The Blacks. I'd take it back to them to let them reproduce it ASAP. It almost sounds like when the gen is being asked to carry a load it's quitting. Not sure what could cause that.

I'm connected to shore power and when my ac along with many more items are connected mines will shut off too. I either have to turn the ac to low or my oven to 250 instead of 350.

Unless you have a Soft Start on the A/C, on start up the A/C electrical draw is excessive. As the A/C motors spin up the draw is excessive, once running the draw declines to rated draw. On startup the draw may exceed generator capacity, especially if there are other items running, like fridge, kitchen appliances, etc.

Just purchased a 2006 Itasca with 5000 generator. Generator works fine. When AC is not in use. After cutting AC on it shuts gen down . Just purchased this camper from Camping world and was told generator was just serviced. Any idea of what I could be doing wrong .
Will the AC continue to run normal when conected to shore power?

Will the AC continue to run normal when conected to shore power

Attachments

• VoAm.jpg
    VoAm.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 4

Latest resources

Back