Ford E450
Engine
Ford V10
TOW/TOAD
2006 Honda CR-V
Fulltimer
No
Opinions please,
Going to Acadia in September and was wondering whether it is worth getting a $6 reservation for the Cadillac Summit Road.
I'll have a toad, so the "No RV's" doesn't bother me; just wondering if it's worth it from those that have driven it.

Opinions please,
Going to Acadia in September and was wondering whether it is worth getting a $6 reservation for the Cadillac Summit Road.
I'll have a toad, so the "No RV's" doesn't bother me; just wondering if it's worth it from those that have driven it.

I rode my bike up there eleven years ago. It has some nice views for sure.

IMG_8566.jpeg

Thank you, but one thing, for sure, I will NOT even contemplate riding a bike up there! :)
I'll bet the ride down was a real thriller, though!

Thank you, but one thing, for sure, I will NOT even contemplate riding a bike up there! :)
I'll bet the ride down was a real thriller, though!

As far as hills go, we rode Mount Washington a few days prior, so the climb wasn’t bad. We then took our bikes to Barcelona and did a bunch of Tour de France climbs. 😜

As far as hills go, we rode Mount Washington a few days prior, so the climb wasn’t bad. We then took our bikes to Barcelona and did a bunch of Tour de France climbs. 😜
I do a lot of mountain biking, and have never understood the road bikers ability to do the climbs. Is it all about keeping the cadence constant and adjusting the gears? Even with the right gearing, it seems like the training for endurance is a really big deal.

I run out of gas on the short distance climbs and recover during the flats. I always blamed the rock obstacles and dirt conditions, but still don't think I could handle the Going to Sun road with a proper road bike.

Opinions please,
Cadillac is great, make sure to take time for a hike up Beech Mtn. wonderful hike. Geddys in Bar Harbor is a great restaurant, crowds should be good in September.

Cadillac is great, make sure to take time for a hike up Beech Mtn. wonderful hike. Geddys in Bar Harbor is a great restaurant, crowds should be good in September.
I can't tell from their site; is there outdoor eating at Geddys? Other lobster places that do?
We will have our fur baby with us. We normally can lock him in the motorhome, but, as Cadillac Summit Road forbids RV's, we'll have our Honda CRV toad. Too small to lock him up in.

While we're at it, the closest to Acadia and Bar Harbor is Bucksport/Fort Knox KOA Holiday - Orland, ME.
It's a hair shy of an hour away. :(. The ratings do look good, however.
Anyone been there?

I can't tell from their site; is there outdoor eating at Geddys? Other lobster places that do?
We will have our fur baby with us. We normally can lock him in the motorhome, but, as Cadillac Summit Road forbids RV's, we'll have our Honda CRV toad. Too small to lock him up in.

While we're at it, the closest to Acadia and Bar Harbor is Bucksport/Fort Knox KOA Holiday - Orland, ME.
It's a hair shy of an hour away. :(. The ratings do look good, however.
Anyone been there?
geddys is not pet friendly, there are many pet friendly resturants in BH. you need to stay here, in BH Waterfront Campground | Bar Harbor/Oceanside KOA Holiday
Lobster shack (pound) right on site, great place right on the harbor
ds.jpg
sea.jpg

We have stayed at Timberland Acres which is pretty close to the park. We’re not big on a pool or amenities like that so my suggestion is solely based on location and the fact that their pull through sites are huge with plenty of space between sites also

Bar Harbor/Oceanside KOA Holiday has no site available for my dates.
My campground criterias, in order of preference are:
--Dog run
--Close enough to my desired destination
--Pull thru sties
--Shower facilities (showering in my motorhome is a royal PIA)

Latest resources

Back