Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

scrappyJedi

RVF Newbee
Hi, everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, but not to RVs. We are moving from our popup with two slide-out king size bed platforms to a travel trailer (we have reasons for needing the hard sides), and the whole bed size question is giving me a headache!

We are looking at a camper with bunk beds, though I'm willing to let those go for something with two convertible beds. Our niece and nephew may occasionally travel with us, though most of the time it will just be my husband and I.

The Coachmen Clipper 17BH (Clipper Ultra-Lite 17BH Travel Trailers by Coachmen RV) had been my first choice until I realized that they cut the bed size down from a queen to 54x74 to make it fit.

I'm also considering the following, but none of the floorplans give actual dimensions for the "queen" mattresses:

Wolf Pup 16BHS - Wolf Pup 16BHS | Forest River RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes
Jayco Jay Flight SLX7 174BH - 2020 Jay Flight SLX 7 174BH | Jayco, Inc.
Coleman Lantern LT 17B - Coleman Lantern LT | Pull Behind Campers & Travel Trailers | Dutchmen RV

Does anyone here have one of those campers, and would you mind measuring the actual bed size for me? I would go to a lot and do it myself, but campers are selling like hotcakes now, and there is nothing in this size range available on any local lot- they are all selling before they arrive!

And, if you have recommendations for another model in this weight range (we are towing with an SUV and need to keep to about 3,000 lbs dry weight) besides what I'm looking at, I'm all ears!!!

Welcome to RVForums @scrappyJedi. It sounds like you have a solid plan, hopefully members of the site will be able to help you with your decision. Welcome.

Glad you have joined us, @scrappyJedi; we are glad to have you.

As you are learning, bed sizes vary widely in the RV world. The standard king, queen, double, etc. designations we are used to do not conform in the RV industry to what we've come to expect. Obviously, the best way is to personally measure the bed, but that's not always possible. Next best is to find someone with the same RV model and have them measure for you. I think that's what you are hoping for in your post and I hope some RVF folks can help you.

An alternative is to phone or e-mail the individual RV manufacturers, providing the model and floor plan you are interested in and request the information. Most RV manufacturers have a customer service staff and I would think they would be interested in providing that information.

Good luck.

TJ

Hi, everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, but not to RVs. We are moving from our popup with two slide-out king size bed platforms to a travel trailer (we have reasons for needing the hard sides), and the whole bed size question is giving me a headache!

We are looking at a camper with bunk beds, though I'm willing to let those go for something with two convertible beds. Our niece and nephew may occasionally travel with us, though most of the time it will just be my husband and I.

The Coachmen Clipper 17BH (Clipper Ultra-Lite 17BH Travel Trailers by Coachmen RV) had been my first choice until I realized that they cut the bed size down from a queen to 54x74 to make it fit.

I'm also considering the following, but none of the floorplans give actual dimensions for the "queen" mattresses:

Wolf Pup 16BHS - Wolf Pup 16BHS | Forest River RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes
Coleman Lantern LT 17B - Coleman Lantern LT | Pull Behind Campers & Travel Trailers | Dutchmen RV

Does anyone here have one of those campers, and would you mind measuring the actual bed size for me? I would go to a lot and do it myself, but campers are selling like hotcakes now, and there is nothing in this size range available on any local lot- they are all selling before they arrive!

And, if you have recommendations for another model in this weight range (we are towing with an SUV and need to keep to about 3,000 lbs dry weight) besides what I'm looking at, I'm all ears!!!
Short queen . 60"x75"

You should check this place out. They seem to have a good stock available. We recently purchased a Wolf Pup & we just love it.

Want to know what size mattresses are for an RV? consider shopping for bed sheets for RV's. I don't know of a single RV that has a full size mattress.

We have a Wolf Pup 16PF camper it has the short queen bed. Most along that line & size are going to have a short queen.

If anyone is out there and can tell me the measurements of the Wolf Pups bunks, I'd appreciate it. If less than 30" width, that model won't work for me. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back