Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Behind my main tv is storage and the power plug for the tv. But, the plug is only one socket. I want to plug in my dvr box but am not electrically comfortable. Can I just add one of those multi sockets adapters or is the power there limited for some reason. Don’t want to cause any problems or safety issues.

Do you have a picture of the outlet? I don't see how any accessory of your choosing can't work?

I want to plug in a second item.

F5F7B8FC-C818-4F8A-88E5-55CA8288D79B.jpeg

You will still be limited to the overall current rating of the circuit.

We had them on our old coach - two outlets and usb ports built in for charging devices. Interesting though the adapter only plugged into one outlet since they are both on the same circuit anyhow.

I don’t think you will have an issue with those two devices plugged into the same outlet.

You can replace the single outlet receptacle (or have someone do it for you) with a duplex receptacle and be able to plug two things in. This will not cause any issues with your TT wiring or present any unforeseen danger.

Something like this should work fine in my opinion.

Or one like this to remove the cord portion.

Amazon.com

We had ones where both outlets were on the front.

The circuit is protected by 15, or 20 amp breaker. What that means is the wire, receptical, and any other devices on the circuit must by code be able to handle the draw that is protected by the breaker.
The short of it? If you're not popping the breaker, the circuit will not be overloaded.

Latest resources

Back