RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Salem
RV Model
Hemisphere 346RK
RV Length
38'
My trailer (38') only came with one ducted A/C. I have been planning on adding another one for a while. At the campground I summer at there is a guy there that said "I am tearing apart two old RVs and I will give you an A/C. Well, that never happened. Since we (wife and I) are sitting in Casa Grande for another month we purchased a used A/C from Arizona RV Salvage. They were out of new parts for the inside so I had to wait for one to arrive. Parts finally came and I got someone in the campground to assist with getting the unit on the roof. Since my trailer was prewired for it the whole install only took an hour and a half! Now my trailer stays much cooler inside. Next week would have been miserable since the temperatures are supposed to be above 90*.

That sounds great, since it was premiered did you need to cut the roof ? Or was it ready for a second unit? Is your rig already 50amp service etc? Now you can ride out this lock down in comfort.

VTPete said:
That sounds great, since it was premiered did you need to cut the roof ? Or was it ready for a second unit? Is your rig already 50amp service etc? Now you can ride out this lock down in comfort.
All I did was pull the vent in the bedroom and the wiring was already there. My trailer was already fifty amp, so good there too! I'm really looking forward to hit the road in about a month and get back to Minnesota.........

Latest resources

Back