Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rgcanoe

RVF Regular
I am adding a second A/C unit to my 2012 Montana Hickory 5th wheel.
Almost everything is there, however, I can not find the 12v DC wires???? At the new location.
Help

Do you mean the thermostat wires? Was your trailer pre-wired? On my trailer they were tucked up in the ceiling about an arm's length away and the other end was in the wall by the other thermostat. I didn't use the t'stat wires for my second unit since it was in the bedroom and the thermostat was out in the hallway. Never understood the reasoning for that, but I used a manual plenum since I could reach the unit easily.

Do you mean the thermostat wires? Was your trailer pre-wired? On my trailer they were tucked up in the ceiling about an arm's length away and the other end was in the wall by the other thermostat. I didn't use the t'stat wires for my second unit since it was in the bedroom and the thermostat was out in the hallway. Never understood the reasoning for that, but I used a manual plenum since I could reach the unit easily.
These are the 12 volt DC power wires to the new control box, that I am looking for.

If it was pre-wired, the 18ga wires should be in the vicinity.

I hoped so. I found the c cable and the local temp sensor, and the 110v power.
no 12vDC wires. Going to do it the hard way, pull wire to other unit.

What kind of A/C unit is on there now? NORMALLY they would run the same type of wiring for both units.

Did you find the three wires that go to the thermostat? It may even have a 5 wire t'stat wire run. If you did find something like that, then the other end is most likely close to the existing t'stat (at least mine was). that's where you would be able to get your 12V + & - from.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back