RV Year
RV Make
Keystone Springdale
RV Model
293RK
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
Has anyone ever added a second 50 amp power inlet on their camper? I would like to add a second one on the front of my TT using 6/4 SOOW. On my last RV when I pulled the belly off it was such a pain to put back on. I was considering just dropping the back of the belly to add a transfer switch then dropping the SOOW down through the belly plastic and into some conduit and running it parallel to my propane lines into the front of the trailer then either adding a 50 amp box or leaving some extra cable and just adding the 50 amp NEMA plug onto the end of the SOOW to plug into my generator. Any thoughts on this? I have a generator installed in my truck that feeds off my fuel tank and I would like to be able to hook up power when we travel without having a 50 FT power cable to drag around at a truck stop or whatever for the night. I have a 2022 Springdale 293RK that we full time in incase anyone asks what model it is. Thanks for any input.

If I were doing this I would use the flexible outdoor cable for the front hook-up, install a j-box in the front of the RV somewhere convenient and then run romex (probably stranded 6/3 w ground but check specs) to the transfer switch, and put it in conduit just because of the mobile environment. It would be a clean installation and a lot less expensive than running SOOW all the way.

If I were doing this I would use the flexible outdoor cable for the front hook-up, install a j-box in the front of the RV somewhere convenient and then run romex (probably stranded 6/3 w ground but check specs) to the transfer switch, and put it in conduit just because of the mobile environment. It would be a clean installation and a lot less expensive than running SOOW all the way.
You are right it is cheaper than the SOOW. I can get 6/3 THHN with an 8ga ground for a little cheaper than the stranded Romex. Just need to make a trip home to check where I plan to install it before I order up the wiring and such. Only have a week in April to install everything before we move.

Latest resources

Back