Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rotorhead

RVF Newbee
I just purchased a 2018 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT. I would like to add solar and would like to do it myself. I was going to buy a two panel kit, but it comes with items that are already included in the vehicle. Any recommendations?

In Quartzite AZ there is two Solar places. They install however they also sell and let you install as well. I purchased just what i needed and installed it myself. It was very easy and they were very helpful explaining it all to me. The new set up I have work amazing and the only thing I would change would to have done it years ago. I only had room for two 200/watt panels however my batteries get a full charge every day and I rarely use my generator any more. AC only. I have a Winnebago view so it is a smaller camper. There may be room for a third panel on top if I wish but not sure I will need it. I used Victron controller and battery monitor and have been very happy with them. My 1200 watt inverter will allow me to make coffee and toast at the same time. Microwave I need to run separately. Do install it yourself it will allow you to fix it yourself in the future if you installed yourself and for me when I use it and that is about everyday in the winter it brings satisfaction that I did it myself. Good Luck.

We also have a 2018 Simplicity and added an extra AGM as well as a roof rack with solar and a portable solar as well. We are so happy with this mod - no problems Boondocking now! Please reach out to us on our youtube channel for specific questions, and to follow our adventures ? https://www.youtube.com/c/VanlifeMidlifeRocks
Thanks. Have finally returned to the forum to read these replies. Have joined your your YouTube channel.

We also have a 2018 Simplicity and added an extra AGM as well as a roof rack with solar and a portable solar as well. We are so happy with this mod - no problems Boondocking now! Please reach out to us on our youtube channel for specific questions, and to follow our adventures ? https://www.youtube.com/c/VanlifeMidlifeRocks
Can you provide pics of your solar panel install, with brands and source info and wiring hookups? Thanks.

We have a 2007 190P. I obtained both supplies and full information to install a single 200 watt panel on my RoadTrek. In our case, the need arose from a change of residence to a place where I could no longer plug in near my home. It worked out splendidly, although I am only using solar for the RV batteries, not the engine battery.

Latest resources

Back