Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bradbo

RVF Newbee
I am wiring a 7 pin into my 2008 Toyota Tacoma for my new popup.
I installed all the wires and I have a brake control unit. I crawled under my steering wheel and exposed the small wires to the brake plug. I stripped the insulation off the blue wire and soldered on a wire to go to the brake controller. I forgot (idiot) to disconnect the battery. My elbow pushed on the brake and I accidentally shorted the wire to some metal and saw a spark. I blew the parking light breaker. Replaced that, but still lost my rear view camera on my rear view mirror. The lights on the instrument panel that show what gear I’m in and the sylinoid that let’s me take the truck out of park. That quit working so I had to use the little manual button to get the shifter to move.
$300 later a shop fixed the issues.
Back to square one. Is there an adapter I can buy for the brake switch so I can still do the job?

Sorry. I hate being a pain. I see that look like what i need. But i have 3 large wires hanging under my steering wheel. I need to hook the to the Natalie controller and I would thing the plug that goes to the. Take controller would be a double female with a wire coming out of it for the brake pedal signal.
Im just not getting it I guess.

Most vehicles that can tow today have a plug female in nature that a controller can be plugged into. The manufacturers know that leaving this plug out has people modifying the wiring harness making other problems. The last time I was in Auto Zone I found a wall with adapters for the brake controllers they have.
You may find the plug taped to the harness.

Oh yah! You should find a plug in the rear of the truck that is for your plug as well.

My truck is not pressured for this style. I pulled all the wires from the 7 pin and to and from the battery. I have to physically strip and connect to the small wire going to the pedal signal. That’s the connector I was hoping they made.

Latest resources

Back