Bulldogsallee

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Fleetwoos
RV Model
Discovery
RV Length
Hello! New to forums so be kind! Long time RV'er but 1st time Motorhome owner. Have a 99 Discovery diesel with air brakes and a electric brake tow dolly. Need to find a brake controller for said equipment. Not finding much usable help on the internet. What kind of set up are you guys using? Many thanks in advance!!

Welcome to RVForums.com @Bulldogsallee. This is a super friendly and helpful gang, I'm glad you joined us here. Welcome aboard.

What happened to the original post?

TJ
Hello! New to forums so be kind! Long time RV'er but 1st time Motorhome owner. Have a 99 Discovery diesel with air brakes and a electric brake tow dolly. Need to find a brake controller for said equipment. Not finding much usable help on the internet. What kind of set up are you guys using? Many thanks in advance!!

If using electric brakes on the trailer...the Tekonsha Prodigy P3 is a nice controller. I saw more recently a unit made by Redarc. Here’s a link...

Based on my dash layout...I would go with the Redarc for my Motorcoach. It allows you to remotely mount the sensing unit to the firewall...and place the control unit on your dash or armrest control area at will. Check for a pigtail around your steering column. Your chassis may be prewired. If so, it will be as easy as connecting the four wires in the supplied pigtail.

I would call etrailer or email their experts to double check. They will be the best ones to ask which controller would be best for your particular setup.

Down the road if you decide to tow a vehicle four down...the Air Force 1 controller is a great system for air brake equipped coaches.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back