Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I am concerned about the air quality in this motorhome, I have a 2017 Newmar Ventana. Why? Several times over the past few weeks I've cleaned mirrors and windows, they get a gray haze on them. I just finished cleaning and this material that comes off is black on the paper towel. I've been using my OASIS furnace for over a month non stop due to the cold temps in my travels. Therefore my believe is what's coming out of these convectors/blowers is not clean. I know we have filters (somewhat) of the spongy type on the roof units, I'm not so sure they are good for air quality either. If I was a full time I'd be very concerned about this and consider taking action such as adding an air purifier of some system in your coach.

When I went for my annual physical this past December during my trip home to VA my doctor had an air purifier in the office and touted it. He said it can handle up to 500 sqft. I emailed him inquiring about it and will share when I get the info.

I am concerned....interested in others' opinions on this matter. We talk a lot about water filtration, very little have I heard of or have been concerned of AIR quality.

I would think that if it was from your oasis the co2 detector would be chirping. ive often thought about air purifiers for other stuff like glues, adhesives, wires, connectors, grease and other non residential items. If you get one please share model and make

There is what the locals call “Arizona Blackfoot” which we can confirm exists. Just desert dust that gets everywhere. We don’t wear shoes inside the coach and even though the floors were scrubbed the day before our socks are black.

Therefore my believe is what's coming out of these convectors/blowers is not clean.

Oasis is a hydronic heating system recirculating cabin air over heat exchangers. I doubt the Oasis system has anything to do with your problem.

There is no effective filtration of air moving into the coach, sitting still or in motion. Most cars have better cabin filtration than do motor homes. My guess is whatever if forming comes from the junk sucked into the motor home moving down the road. The Evans unit up front has a foam filter that at best keeps bugs and boulders out of the cabin.

Regardless of the cause or how it's getting in or if it's in, the situation is it is in and needs to be cleaned/filtered. I'll be looking into solving this problem. If you can visually see the yuck and you're cleaning this yuck off of anything in the coach - it's bad!

I’ve posted this on the other forum before, but we have a Molekule Air Purifier as we have a cat and I am fairly sensitive to the dander. This is not an air filter. It is an air purifier. It destroys VOCs and other air pollutants. We brought it to Camp Newmar when we picked it up and I remember smelling all of the VOCs when we walked in. We plugged it in and turned it on the first night and couldn’t smell a thing the rest of the week. We also can’t smell the cat litter box. We love it and I wouldn’t live in an RV with a pet without it.

I may not have the terms right but I guess I need something more along the line of a filter and if it also purifies then the better. This is new territory for me, I typically don't do anything beyond routine AC filter changes in my S&B and this is the first time I've noticed "something not quite right" in the air in the RV in this extreme winter travel blunder.

I suppose it might be technically both? There is a prefilter before it gets to the UV Sterilization (Tech overview: Molekule). Their return policy is 60 days no questions asked. . I don’t have any affiliation with them, I just know it works great for us.

I heard back from my family doctor. Here is what he provided and it's probably affiliated to him (Dr. Hartman) which is fine, I give credit where credit is due (and let companies pay people that bring them business) so I'll not strip any info he provided me:

Your unique share link: Whole Home & Portable Air Purifiers | Air Oasis®
Your unique discount code: RVAintegrative

Latest resources

Back