• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert Air Quality in a Motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

I ordered using the above link and discount code and ordered the small unit for my coach. The code took 10% off.

Started looking into these products and the provided links. I did noticed some use Ionized technology of some sort. Is anyone worried about the ozone produced and concentrated in a small RV space? Tried researching and opinions are all over the place. Just curious.

Edit... just read that the ionization doesn’t produce ozone. But, some air purifiers do produce ozone. - And I thought wifi and 4G/5G was complicated :)

Last edited:
Neal & All, I suspect what you are cleaning up is "gassing from all the plastic components in the coach, my jeep has a film on it's windshield and I have to clean that off from time to time. Yes, in AZ and out west in the desert country, dust is a huge concern, we dust about every 4 days. Constantily cleaning off the dashboard area.

The air filter/purifier might be a good idea, dust is a fact of life. We don't have any pets and don't smoke. Shoes off at door, and we have Birkenstock Arizona models for inside. Carpets gas for a long time, the OSB board gasses, and lots of plastic parts in the MH, so it's gassing. It was like 4 years before new carpet in living room in last house quit smelling and gassing, so guess it could take that long. I would open up coach to outside air whenever weather allows to exchange out the inside air with cleaner outside air. We try to clean A/C filters about monthly.

This thread probably should revive in current times. I have to say I'm happy to have my Air Oasis in my coach, wonder if I should have gotten two, one for the bedroom and one for the front zone but the one I have sits left of the televator and runs all night per a scheduled routine. Probably more critical to have now than ever?

I will take my air purifier along just in case. I just use a relatively in expensive air purifier with HEPA filter and UV. I like a lot of fressh air so until it really gets hot and in the evenings widows are open. Not much build up of fumes inside.

My mother needed a HEPA filtration/air purifier as she has allergies so I found this one for her, top rated on Amazon. I liked it so much I got myself one for my bedroom in my house. I leave the Air Oasis I got a few months ago in the RV. Been using this two days now and I'm very pleased with it and it's very quiet. I think this would be idea for a RV as well as it's the right size for typical living space inside a RV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VVK39F7/?tag=rvf01-20

air-purifier.png

Edit: Appears to be the same one @sheridany recommended in post #4 :)

I may have to take a look at one of these since I also have allergies. This might be the ticket for the master bedroom in the S&B plus in the motorhome bedroom. The price is certainly good.

TJ

You are correct @Neal. It’s been a great machine and my DW swears by it. And you can order extra filters too from AMZ.

Latest resources

Back