RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
This week I took the plunge, and replaced my 7 years old wet Interstate house batteries with Trojan T105 AGM's . It was lots of work and trips to the Ace Hardware for right length metric bolts, and fabricating copper flat bar jumpers.
Anywho, when disconnected the old batteries, I heard the basement doors click, but I thought "no big deal".
Now everything is connected and works, except the basement doors are locked and will not respond to the key pad or the rocker switch. Just called Newmar, but they are gone for the weekend.
Any ideas? Maybe a reset?
Thanks.

Fuse? And I am assuming you can still open with the key, yes?

Fuse? And I am assuming you can still open with the key, yes?
Hi Rich,
Fuse crossed my mind, but the key pad makes some faint beeps when pushing the buttons. Blown fuse would totally disable it.
The key may work, but my concern is the electric locking.

I think they are all chained together, maybe just for lighting, not sure. But I think you'd have to check all basement doors to make sure the spade connections are still connected.

I opened with the key all the doors , except the one under the driver and the one next to the entrance door.
Turned off and on the starting battery switch. Did not make a difference.
The bad part is that the fuses are behind the door that will not budge using the key.

Something came to mind:
Removing the toggle switch and using 12V battery I have, try activate the locks bypassing the fuse?
Will try it tomorrow. Too tired today ?

Interested to see what you find. I can't understand why disconnecting the house batteries would make the system go into "lockdown". You said you turned off the starting battery switch, did you try the 12v "salesman" switch that controls the coach systems?

I’m not even sure which one is the salesman's switch?

20210320_091439.jpg

Last edited:
Tried it. Did nothing

Latest resources

Back