RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
I am putting this in a different thread. I am on about a 4000 mile two month tour. And you know putting your coach through this daily pace things are going to either break or come loose.

The day we were leaving my full wall slide stuck out at the top when retracted. I figured the jacks must of been at an acute angle. Lowered jacks ran in and out , came in ok. Had the coach at my dealer three days before, my solar panel controller is blown, 7 to 10 days to order a new one. Screw it I left without it...LOL

Wanted to top of antifreeze, do you think I could get the damn cap off the coolant reservoir. Nope Hercules couldn't move this sucker.

After first stop heard a weird noise, the cover came off my in house vacuum, it fell off turning on the switch to run it from the lower bay. God knows how long it was running.

Today the top cabinet door almost fell off. DW was jamming pans and stuff in there and got over enthused. Screw hinge stripped out. Isn't that what bungie cords are for?

Stopped at a rest stop, 89 degrees, had two AC's running, then DW turns on electric toaster oven, then turns on the microwave. Poof AC's shut off..Hmmmmmm checked breakers everything ok. Then I remember the breaker on the generator, yep reset and away we go.

Traveling in an A Class RV is always an adventure...LOL

Engage.....
HH

Yep, there’s always something to fix or work around or figure out how to do without. Tracking down the problems and searching for solutions gets really old at times 🙄

On the last day of our last trip the cheap plastic lower hinge on the dometic refrigerator door broke. After research, the consensus was to epoxy the thing back together.
The previous trip, the rocker switch for the hot water heater element broke. I ordered a new one but it hasn't come in yet. For now, I keep the breaker for the hot water heater off and use the propane option.

and thats just the routine stuff that happens if you dont do something stupid like break or damamge something.

My list this trip after 3800 miles (3000 to go):
Rear AC quit - bad compressor, $1750 to get it replaced but at least I can
Windshield has a new crack, and its growing
Closet door frame started coming apart, bent a little and now wont latch
Toad tail light cable connection failed and had to rewire
And the biggie (stupid mistake referenced above) - managed to over-fill my water tank causing all kinds of mayhem.

So yeah, situation normal……

Hey Rich: loosing that rear AC had to hurt. I am sure I will have more breaks and calamities on the way.

We would die without the generator pushing the AC's in this heat.

HH

Thanks Guys. I'm feeling a lot better now. Still crossing my fingers though.

You are traveling in a high-priced vehicle built with parts supplied by the lowest bidder. If it were made from the best quality parts and used quality workmanship, no one could afford the ride.

Yeah...BUT it's not a boat 😉 (Many stories there) BUT (not to hijack this thread) Rich, if your windshield makes it home I'll be very interested in where you get it replaced. I'm in Central Coast Ca. and cannot find a (reputable) place to have it done. I can go to Phoenix or Eugene but so far I've not found anything closer. I'll follow your journey with anticipation.

Yeah...BUT it's not a boat 😉 (Many stories there) BUT (not to hijack this thread) Rich, if your windshield makes it home I'll be very interested in where you get it replaced. I'm in Central Coast Ca. and cannot find a (reputable) place to have it done. I can go to Phoenix or Eugene but so far I've not found anything closer. I'll follow your journey with anticipation.
Boats have another issue, they are used in water and most often salt water. They move, get twisted, pounded, bounced, and torqued. Just like a motorhome or travel trailer on today's interstates, highways, and roads.

Having owned boats in S. FL, and TT's here in TN, the maintenance on a TT or MH is much less and is much easier than on any boat. Plus they get much better MPG on fuel. Be thankful. I fondly recall ours at less than 2.0 MPG traveling at 30 MPH in one of our boats. Our tow vehicle when pulling our TT, about the same size and weight as our boat, averages 12.0 to 15.0 MPG at 60 MPH.

Latest resources

Back