Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Just noticed my Amazon Prime membership is up to $150 a year. o_O

Prime 2-Day Delivery has fallen from the program and I suspect the "free shipping" is actually just rolled into the price of the product. I guess that leaves us with Amazon's library through Firestick, but is that worth the price of the membership? The 5% back is about all that is left that interests me, and it looks like there may be a chance that legislation is going to take that away as well.

Anyone else considering dropping their Prime membership?

There is no doubt my shipping costs in a year far exceed $150 so no, I'm not dropping it. There are obviously other benefits of the membership (video, music, etc.) which are less significant.

Oh My God What GIF by Bridge and Tunnel on EPIX

I listen to the, included, music A LOT. Plus my kids and grand kids can listen. They get a lot out of my membership also. I’m sure I order more than enough to cover the cost.

When I decide to buy on Amazon, I always (often 🤔) check the prices from other sources. Most of the time it's the same as another retailer (price + shipping). Convenience is also a huge factor. But I understand your angst...prices are simply going up everywhere! Hold on to your hats cause this year could be a doosey!

@Jim - my membership is $139/yr and still has 2 day shipping. Are you a commercial member?

@Jim - my membership is $139/yr and still has 2 day shipping. Are you a commercial member?
I don't know, I'll check. But what was once 2-day shipping is now "whenever" delivery. Most of my orders are 5-7 days, and even more. Sometimes it takes so long that I forgot that I even ordered it.

I attributed it to the supply shortage and chain issues.

My wife had downloaded a bunch of music onto her phone to listen to while driving and Amazon somehow deleted it all. So that benefit doesn't seem to exist any more.

I don't know, I'll check. But what was once 2-day shipping is now "whenever" delivery. Most of my orders are 5-7 days, and even more. Sometimes it takes so long that I forgot that I even ordered it.

I attributed it to the supply shortage and chain issues.
Supply, transportation system changes for Amazon and a few others.

The other factor may be the number of layoffs, (but I thought that was because of the slowdown 🤔).

If you’ve ever paid for two-day shipping and noticed the price increase over 4-day shipping, you might understand why Free two day shipping has been disappearing. I do watch content through Prime Video, so there’s that as well.

The better option for the economy would be shopping local, but who wants to drive around town hoping to find what they need?

If you’ve ever paid for two-day shipping and noticed the price increase over 4-day shipping, you might understand why Free two day shipping has been disappearing. I do watch content through Prime Video, so there’s that as well.

The better option for the economy would be shopping local, but who wants to drive around town hoping to find what they need?
I do the shop locally thing! I don't drive all over town to do it, after all that is what the find supplier button is all about.

Latest resources

Back