Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummins ISL9
TOW/TOAD
2023 GMC Sierra
Fulltimer
Yes
Well another Sanicon hose failure less than a year. Replaced 2/2021 purchasing from Newmar parts and failed 2/2022 and replaced under parts warranty. Failures were located close to the end where it connects to the pump discharge so last year I decided to add PVC to remove the bend thinking it would relief the strain. You can see from the picture it didn’t help😡. So here I go again removing the protective cover and putting it on the new hose hoping this one lasts more than a year.

D16EE8A3-02D9-4665-B471-6F47739002E1.jpeg

I eliminated the possibility of that inside the coach at least. I plumbed the Sanicon discharge to the outside with a Camlock fitting that attaches the hose. A little work but I'm glad I did it.

Attachments

• 20220903_161907.jpg
    20220903_161907.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
  • 20220903_161256.jpg
    20220903_161256.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
Only on my second hose in 7 years with the Sanicon with crossed fingers (and cover sleeve). It would seem these hoses could be made a little more robust, especially for the price. As far as plumbing it to the outside as scottramer did, doesn't that negate the main advantage of the system, which is keeping the hose connected and sealed, hence the name "Sani"? I understand the ends can be capped, but if I had to disconnect and reconnect every time, I think I'd go back to a stinky slinky.

Another question, since NWIP's hose is pin holed near the end, can the end be removed anyway and reattached after removing a few inches of line?

This is we’re all three of the failures have occurred. I thought by rerouting from the discharge outlet the stress on the hose end would help.
As far as removing end and reattaching I believe would only be temporary solution. There is quite a bit of movement in hose under pressure.

I did find replacement on Amazon
Thetford 97521 Hose Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076FYD6JS/?tag=rvf01-20

This is we’re all three of the failures have occurred. I thought by rerouting from the discharge outlet the stress on the hose end would help.
As far as removing end and reattaching I believe would only be temporary solution. There is quite a bit of movement in hose under pressure.

I did find replacement on Amazon
Thetford 97521 Hose Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076FYD6JS/?tag=rvf01-20
I know, those hoses really seem stressed when the pump is fired up. Since they upped the pump and hose size over the original Sanicon, it seems they should have made the hose a little larger or toned down the pump speed/pressure.

Well update on another failure, this time got just under 2 years. Same failure point again, using rescue tape until replace comes.

Interesting enough when I called Newmar to order they now offer the hose with the sleeve, however they want $400. I elected to get one without for $210, I chose to purchase from Newmar since they warranty for 12 months😢

MobileMustHave is a better place for sanicon items:

Well thanks @Neal, your a day late and now I’m 100 dollars short😀. I’ll keep for next time because I’m sure there’s another failure in my future.

Latest resources

Back