Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
I am having trouble with water pressure when hooked up to city water. I have great water pressure with my new water pump (thank you @NWIP). I can barely fill my fresh water tank 30%. When I first turn on the faucet, it starts strong and within a second peters out to a thin stream. The campground I am at now has very strong water pressure (125 PSI). I have my regulator set to 60 so something is happening between the regulator and the lines into the coach. Any ideas?

House filter(s)

Also if autofill is filling fresh you need to have water pump on until fresh is full.

X2 on the filter.

Defective regulator; Plugged screen before or after your regulator. Check the pressure coming out of the regulator with your fresh water hose removed. Pinched hose on your reel??

I used to run two house filters, one before my softener and then the OEM on the coach. If I didn't change both out every 6 to 8 weeks (depending on where we were camped) my water pressure would start to drop when hooked up to city.

Thanks EVERYONE! I really didn't think it was my filters because I just changed them on 2/1, BUT it was indeed. So glad it was something I could handle. Happy Camper now. Thanks again!

If you've recently been in a hard water area, you probably plugged the filter. I try to test the water in the CG before I hook up, so I know what filters to add.

Clogged filters should always be the first suspect. It only takes a little bad water to clog a brand new filter. If water pressure/flow suddenly drops, that’s usually a sign of a clogged filter even if you have recently changed it. Obviously, in addition to carrying spare filter cartridges, it is also a good idea to carry a dedicated water pressure gauge to check the pressure at the park connection to be sure something in their system hasn’t failed.

TJ

Latest resources

Back