Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Any Colorado Residents with a Class A Motorhome?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jmltech

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
24V Navion
RV Length
Engine
Mercedes Benz
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Hi all,

just moved to Colorado (pre-retirement) after unexpectedly selling our home in MD. We were going to wait until after January to list it, but good fortune smiled on us and we had a young couple that purchased it without it being listed. We had a “vacation” home already, so moving early wasn’t too bad.

I’m trying to figure out Colorado’s specific ownership tax (SOT) for registering my Class A motorhome....

Does the state consider the motorhome to be SOT class C or class D for figuring out the tax? (This is not the same as the class A or Class C RV types)

Since the ownership tax is based on model year, is it better for me to wait until after January 1st to register (to take advantage of the new calendar year) or do they proportion the year?

Thanks,
Joe

Welcome to Colorado Joe. I am an Aurora resident, Arapahoe County, and I purchased my rig out of state back in October and had to register it in Arapahoe County. My Transaction Receipt lists 29 different taxes and fees, the Specific Ownership Tax being one of the lowest, at only $3. The County Use Tax, Regional Transportation District Use Tax, and State Use Tax were the highest by far. Even having a 12 year old rig, the DMV charged me $3011.00 for title, registration, and plates. Hopefully, your registering in a rural county with low tax rates rather than around Denver and Aurora.

Latest resources

Back