• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KatP87

Inactive Commercial Member
Fulltimer
No
My husband and I are considering putting some money away to get a tiny trailer for just the two of us in a year or two. Been looking around and I'm really liking the Meerkat, ProLite Suite, Happier Camper, and the Coachmen Clipper. Anyone on here have any of these? Looking for any and all comments/problems/best things about any of them to help narrow things down. Thanks!

We have a Forest River R-pod 193. For a couple they have some very cool small options. I haven’t seen any of campers you mentioned above. We love the size of our R-Pod. It’s just under 22 feet. We were new to towing a camper a year ago and it’s been a good experience.

One thing we learned on a recent trip across the country is that it’s harder to get parts for newer models. Consider funding a model that is tried and true. It could save visits to multiple repair shops while traveling.

We have a Forest River R-pod 193. For a couple they have some very cool small options. I haven’t seen any of campers you mentioned above. We love the size of our R-Pod. It’s just under 22 feet. We were new to towing a camper a year ago and it’s been a good experience.

One thing we learned on a recent trip across the country is that it’s harder to get parts for newer models. Consider funding a model that is tried and true. It could save visits to multiple repair shops while traveling.
Good to know re parts issues. Didn't think of that. We were/are looking at those trailers specifically due to their weight being under 1000#s. I've got a small cross over SUV that has a limit of 1000# for towing capacity and with just the two of us we didn't want something really big or involved.

We have a T@B 400. We downsized from a Motorhome and are really enjoying our trailer. Over 12000 kilometres this year already. Here’s an outside shot. Let us know if you want inside shots.

2F4250AF-8DEC-4E03-A5AD-9E07EFF083E3.jpeg

Nice. Did you need to have anything done to your vehicle for towing it? I've looked at those and I do like them.
Good morning. No. But we ordered it with the tow package and horsepower boost so it was ready to go when we got it. 450 HP and no transmission to shift so the hills are invisible.

We did install a P3 Tekonsha brake controller though. It was all pre-wired so just a matter of joining the two harnesses and plugging them in.
20 minutes.

Latest resources

Back