RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
With the craziness escalating to the country moving to lawlessness who else just wants to hunker down and not move? I have an early July trip to VA beach for one week and I'm on the fence on whether to stay home or go. I realize the media blows things out of proportion such as one off incidents we're hearing about but....it's on my mind to just stay in place.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4002
RV Length
40’10
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Trailhawk
We are planning a 10 day trip to Oregon and not really traveling through any major cities and I have not seen anything that tells me I shouldn't do it unless I am missing something that is not in the news. I have been calling the places to see about reservations and the ones I have contacted say they are open and taking reservations. Worse case we can turn around and head home if needed pretty quickly.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Canyon Star 3710
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
We've got to make a quick trip to St. Augustine on the 22-24th of the month; so we are just going to drive down & back in the Terrain & leave the coach at home.
I'm not sure how wild & crazy the "lawlesness" is going to become; but I am going to be prepared to protect the DW & myself as well! Hopefully it will be a non incident type trip!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3634
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
It's probably a bad time to plan a trip to Seattle, but we have no plans to go there. We are making some shorter (1 week) Texas trips and planning to go for about three months to the Dakotas/Montana/etc, beginning in August. Not scared, even without the dog.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40’
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Headed to the N. Cal redwood country for 5 days next week. Just plan on enjoying the beautiful redwood giants but will be eating our own food. Gotta exercise Tiny the DS. These last 3 months are the longest we have gone without moving the coach in 15 years. Month long trip end of August to Polson & Glacier. We just can’t sit at home any longer! We are way more concerned about COVID at our age than being caught in violence of some sort and will practice safe practices at all times.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Kountry Star 3910
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Ford Taurus
Neal, I believe the greatest threat at the beach or other vacation spots right now is people tend to forget about covid safety. While in the OBX the last couple of weeks, seeing someone with a mask was the exception. My wife and I went into an ice cream shop one day and it was a crush of humanity. The only masks I saw were the two employees serving the goods.

With a few exceptions, it appears most of the protests and demonstrations right now are peaceful. The Hampton Roads area had a couple of issues in the early going, but I think things have calmed there as of late.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
J.J.,
I would not be concerned about St Augustine FL. Law abiding citizens are well armed. The local Polk County sheriff encourages people to arm themselves and “ blow out anyone trying to enter their home uninvited”. Not making it up.
It is on the YouTube.
We are in Gaffney KOA for a week. Transient coaches vary between 2-6. The place is empty.
Just went downtown and sat at outside a coffee shop, and everyone is very friendly. Even people passing in a car or pickup trucks wave and say hello (maybe because Doris is with me?) Love the south.😍
A98AE242-8014-44BB-A4B5-0F54BCF2ECE8.jpeg

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Neal, I believe the greatest threat at the beach or other vacation spots right now is people tend to forget about covid safety. While in the OBX the last couple of weeks, seeing someone with a mask was the exception. My wife and I went into an ice cream shop one day and it was a crush of humanity. The only masks I saw were the two employees serving the goods.

With a few exceptions, it appears most of the protests and demonstrations right now are peaceful. The Hampton Roads area had a couple of issues in the early going, but I think things have calmed there as of late.
Not sure if you've heard about the Seattle situation. Then some boardwalk areas. I think when I do go I'll not be going out past sunset.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Not scared. Maybe I’m foolish. We just avoid driving through cities (don’t care for them anyway), skirting around them as needed to avoid any drama (and traffic jams).

Its possible I’m blind and oblivious but we really haven’t seen anything first hand.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Buick Enclave
Had a friend just go from Florida to Michigan. No issues seen at all. We will head to Maryland after the 4th, then up to Maine.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Kountry Star 3910
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Ford Taurus
Not sure if you've heard about the Seattle situation. Then some boardwalk areas. I think when I do go I'll not be going out past sunset.
Yeah, Seattle is one of the exceptions.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Canyon Star 3710
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
J.J.,
I would not be concerned about St Augustine FL. Law abiding citizens are well armed. The local Polk County sheriff encourages people to arm themselves and “ blow out anyone trying to enter their home uninvited”. Not making it up.
It is on the YouTube.
We are in Gaffney KOA for a week. Transient coaches vary between 2-6. The place is empty.
Just went downtown and sat at outside a coffee shop, and everyone is very friendly. Even people passing in a car or pickup trucks wave and say hello (maybe because Doris is with me?) Love the south.😍
View attachment 2340
Bully, Sheriff Judd in Polk County is not one to fool with. My sister is close friends with his family and she loves them.
St. Augustine is in St. John's County, and my brother-in-law is a Deputy there. They have very little issues if any. Told me they had one guy with a BLM poster on a street corner.
One Deouty behind him in parking lot, and another across the street in a parking lot. No issues! Hmmm, wonder why?😊
On a serious note, crime rate is quite low and area is safe. One of the reasons we are building down there. This ol Virginia boy looking forward to becoming a "Floridian" and getting away from this IDIOT Governor in Virginia!
Sorry, not trying to make a political post, but it's the truth!
Safe travels and enjoy the beauty that this nation has to offer!

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Left NC this morning, headed for Penscaola FL. Went through Atlanta and wow, it was a ghost town. Well, maybe not a ghost town, but in all my years of driving up/down I85, I've never seen it this deserted. Nobody walking up or down the middle of the interstate either. (good for them, lol)

But no, I'm to ornery to be afraid to travel. Two German Shepherds, I'm armed and Trish is armed. l'd hate to have to use any of what we have but at my age, I'm not up to fighting anymore.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
I’m too fat to run, and too old to fight. That’s why I cary. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Jim
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
30pdd
RV Length
31'
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator
We have 3 trips planned to a private campground in the mountains a few hours away. We know the owners. I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to mess with them.

We also have a large trail clean up event, held in a private park, where Jeepers from all over the state attend every September. Nobody wants to mess with a large group of grumpy old Jeepers either. It wouldn't work out well for them.

I lived in the greater Seattle area for 15 years about 20 years ago. From Bellingham to Olympia and everywhere in-between. Things started to get weird back then, and traffic was getting really bad. I got tired of moving every year to be close to the company's new work property, and not have to deal with traffic. I got the heck out of Dodge and moved to the east side of the state. I haven't been to Seattle since, except to catch a connecting flight at Sea-Tac. It was once a beautiful city.

Reactions: Jim
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
"Afraid to travel?" No! Careful about where we travel, and when? Yes!

We just stay away from areas where people like to gather to do things we don't want to be involved in. It is a lot easier to avoid trouble than it is to get yourself out of it!

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Bay Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
We have been on the road for about 5 weeks now between vacation, home issues, and work telling me to remote. We avoided Virginia Beach two weeks ago because it was getting nasty at night. Looked at perceived safer options and avoided more urban places.