Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anyone else dislike shiny chrome bathroom fixtures?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Our 2018 MADP came with shiny chrome bathroom and kitchen fixtures...and, they show every finger mark, water spot, etc. To remedy this, we ordered some replacement Moen fixtures in brushed nickel and I started the replacement project today. The fixture in the half bath took most of the day because (1) I had to remove the cabinet door to improve access and (2) I had to go into town and find an adapter to hook the water supply line up. Newmar used an odd (at least to me) 1/2" female compression on the supply line rather than the more common 3/8" male compression fitting. It took a couple of tries at two different hardware stores to round up 3 adapters (I needed 4 and the straggler will be here Thursday).

Once all the parts were in hand, the job went pretty well, but contorting this old body into various pretzel shapes to do the install in a cramped space is now being felt. :ROFLMAO:

The final result looks great and I think LadyDi will like it. She prefers not to be around when I do projects like this, so she hasn't seen the new fixtures installed yet. :rolleyes:

TJ

Last edited:
Yes! Hate it. Impossible to keep clean. When to built, we specialed every fixture in brushed or satin nickel that we possibly could. For some reason, couldn’t get the shower fixtures in brushed or satin nickel so at some point I will have to tackle that mod.

The ultimate imho would be nickeled brass which is harder to find. All the antibacterial and long lasting benefits of brass with the timeless good looks of nickel.

Y’all do too many mods. What’s wrong with how it comes??? Sheeesh. Did you add soap dispensers too? Who would do that?

Y’all do too many mods. What’s wrong with how it comes??? Sheeesh. Did you add soap dispensers too? Who would do that?
Nope! No soap dispensers, Mr. No-Mods. No water softeners, dual water filter banks, solar panels, etc., etc. either. :ROFLMAO: We will be adding matching pop-up sink stoppers, however. And, probably matching towel rings too. A coordinated look is ways nice.

TJ

Soap dispensers?! I mean, that would just be insane. You’d have to be crazy enough to order pineapple on a pizza to go that far.

Someone's been sniffing their black tank too much lately!

OK, true confession time; I did another mod too. I installed one of those fancy switches from OTR/Switch Guys that another big-time mod guy posted a while back. :rolleyes: Inserted it in the power circuit for the 12VDC receptacle that powers the EezTire TPMS receiver. No more inserting/pulling the plug to disconnect the unit.

And, I bought another switch for the dedicated dash cam circuit I am installing. The dash cam idea came from the same "big-time mod guy" that recommended OTR/Switch Guys. :rolleyes:

TJ

Last edited:
Soon he'll go to the dark side and get a pellet grill. I see it coming. Has he advanced to blackstone yet? I hear @ARD did.

Soon he'll go to the dark side and get a pellet grill. I see it coming. Has he advanced to blackstone yet? I hear @ARD did.
I ain't lifting no 80-pound barbecue thing in and out of the coach! And, fryin' stuff on some fancy electrical griddle ain't fer us. Too dang highfallutin! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TJ

I really hope when I make it to Polson I won't be woken up by my neighbor clanking rocks together to start a fire to cook breakfast he hunted on site with a spear!

Latest resources

Back