• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anyone else waiting for a Rivian SUV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Owning a Tesla model 3 I’m pretty sure to be in line after they have been out a few years. If there’s a truck with the right gvw range and price for sure.

having 1000 plus hp 500 mile range and a fuel or energy cost per mile that’s 1/4 of fuel it’s a no brainer. I expect a cost fuel v electric costs on my Tesla alone to be close to $15,000 savings at 150,000 miles. So a truck might be closer to $40k at 200,000 miles. That going to help reduce the sticker shock a lot. Given the cost of new trucks the math rebates and shear performance is going to help nudge them into a driveway near yours soon.

once you get over the BS hype if range anxiety and drive an EV for a bit everything else is like riding a donkey. While there’s some proof needed in the reliability column for me Im watching the show pretty close.

Yah I get that. :). This is my wife’s daily driver. :).

Attachments

• CEB99AF1-2C50-4CA8-AE88-9261BB7FBC82.png
    CEB99AF1-2C50-4CA8-AE88-9261BB7FBC82.png
    13.3 MB · Views: 4
  • B4A90CBD-7F9F-4CC7-B459-74E7ED912F21.jpeg
    B4A90CBD-7F9F-4CC7-B459-74E7ED912F21.jpeg
    635.9 KB · Views: 6
Ours was purchased for my wife. That lasted three days until I installed the wall charger. Its stupid to drive anything except the Tesla unless one of the trucks is needed. The savings in fuel cost alone. While it doesn't have FSD I drive a lot if highway miles the auto pilot is a big plus. I had two long dist trips in the dually and remembered how much I hate fuel stations the diesel pumps are always dripping diesel fuel on everything. Pisses me off when I am cleaned up and on a two day trip and everything smells like diesel fuel.

I hear ya. We have a model Y on order as well. It’s about 4 or 5 months out though. We kept it simple with charging and just bought a second MCU and installed it in the garage. Works well.
59D04BCE-8FC5-4030-805A-3AEDB4993520.jpeg

Latest resources

Back